Poltergeists

Unusual Experiences, Reincarnation, Philosophy, Religion, Science, Everyday Life
paigetheoracle

Poltergeists

Post by paigetheoracle »

Two years ago in the month of November at about 3am, I was woken by the sound of someone tapping the front door. I rushed downstairs to find the street deserted but suspected local kids as they rang the door bell and then ran off, when we first moved in four years ago. Then a month later 4am I was again woken but this time by the door bell ringing. Lastly, that month at roughly the same time, again during the early hours, someone hammered on the door. The thing is that my wife didn't hear anything and our old dog that sleeps downstairs near the door didn't react to any of these incidents, which is strange, if it was physically real.

Yesterday, my wife couldn't shut the shower door and it turned out that a piece of plastic was protruding a few inches out of it. I just thought that the door must have been slammed back hard and that had caused it somehow. Then this morning I went to use the Karcher window cleaner, to clean the shower of condensation, only to find it too had a piece of plastic or rubber pulled out a few inches from its normal position. This year a pair of gloves seemingly moved out of the drawer of a table in the living room and appeared in my dog’s bed. Could the drawer have been open and jumping up to get the gloves which she loved playing with, she had got them both in her mouth before accidentally shoving it shut again? Unlikely but I like to give things the benefit of the doubt.The thing is that one of my wife’s brothers had died in November that year and had visited the house once, when travelling to this part of the Scotland for treatment. Since the invention of electrical recoding devices, we not only catch phenomena we wouldn't normally perceive but we have proof that dismissing something as down to our poor memory or misperception, may not actually be true. 

Talking of poltergeists, perhaps we should think of it as free energy as opposed to bound matter or consciousness as a defence against unconsciousness (spontaneous release of energy as opposed to maintaining the status quo)? Looked at this way, sceptics could be seen as deniers of the new order or old heads trying to control the outbursts of undirected energy by the young (volcanic eruptions or firework displays) versus psychotherapy as release of feelings. Stress appears to play a part in all this as in mental illness and PTSD, plus drug use (especially hallucinogens) and anything that causes us to break our hold on 3-D reality.

Perhaps this also explains the outburst of ghost sightings in the seventies, after the liberation of the sixties? It is often said that certain cases of poltergeist attacks seem childish in the extreme (Geff the talking mongoose for example) and maybe it is. What we have is the chaos and confusion of childhood as opposed to the order and clarity of adulthood (youth versus age or spirituality as opposed to materialism). The old have experience (memory to fall back on (defenders of the faith)) as youth has energy and imagination to look forward to. One is depth of knowledge and the other appearance, which boils down to the creation and removal of barriers (rebellion and conformism).