NDE or just a dream?

Unusual Experiences, Philosophy,Hinduism, Buddhism, Reincarnation
Eveleen

NDE or just a dream?

Post by Eveleen » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:41 am

NDE or just a dream?

I have been avidly reading NDE for the last weeks and wanted to share my experience. Since it is not a true NDE I can only post it here.

I went to bed as usual and fell asleep. In my dream I woke up to “reality”. I knew I woke up from the illusion of life and I knew that my body, my personality, the one I called Eveleen (not my real name here :D ) was lying in bed sleeping. I also knew that I was not dreaming. I had no attachment to my life on Earth and did not care about it at all. This detachment felt completely normal since it was just an illusion, like a movie or a game.

I felt like I was connected to an experiment of some sort, like a virtual game and that was of course, life on Earth. I also perceived that there were others beside me who were sleeping, connected to Earth.

The space in which I woke up felt dark and fuzzy. I realized I was not human, but I still had some sort of shape, humanoid-like and small, like a child; I also perceived my environment differently, as though my senses different. I was slowly regaining my memories, my full consciousness; it felt like information was being downloaded. I was beginning to grasp mind-blowing secrets of the Universe, infinite knowledge; things were starting to make sense. Of course, I now remember nothing of it, I just carried with me the feeling of amazing knowledge and understanding. But the download of information was not complete, I was getting the impression that I was beginning to know too much and that was not allowed. I felt the presence of beings closing in to put an end to my awakening.

I was in that dark room, still close to the place where I woke up. It felt like a building, housing many sleeping spirits. I then saw a brilliant light strip, like a crack in the door and I knew that if I managed to cross that threshold I would be free and the beings will have no power over me. I knew that by doing that I would die on Earth and I felt absolutely nothing. I was sleeping with my husband and had no second thoughts about dying and leaving him and my family. How could I, when everything was just an illusion, a virtual game. (This complete detachment amazes me to this day, since I care so much about my family.)

The beings approached and the fight began. I was NOT going back to the illusion, they will not connect me the “experiment” again. I did not want them to extinguish the flicker of my consciousness and I perceived them as being somehow negative. I still wonder to this day if they were good or bad. Are the prison guards good or bad? Depends on which side of the bars you are! I felt a sense of urgency about them in needing to connect me back to Earth and a disproval at my awakening. I was struggling with them to keep my consciousness awake. I still remember the fury of my struggle and the intensity of my desire to remain there. But, as you probably have guessed, they overcame me and I felt them putting something over the area of my face, stifling my consciousness.

Now the strangest thing is the moment I lost consciousness there, I instantly woke up in my bed, darting up, nearly screaming, breathing heavily and shaking. I was shocked and I instantly remembered what happened, as if there wasn’t any interruption of consciousness. When you go to sleep and wake up in the morning, you feel your consciousness waking up and you know that an interval of time had passed in which you were not conscious. To me it did not feel like that. It felt incredibly real. I had lucid dreams before and I am familiar with the texture of dreams. Sometimes I would wake up in a dream and say: great I’m dreaming, let’s have some fun! But this was different, it did not feel like a dream, on the contrary, an awakening from the dream of life…

I would like to add something more to this story. When I was in high school and had no idea what I was doing, I started meditating. I was doing some mantras or following my breath, don’t remember well which one. In any case, after some nights meditating I started to feel my body expanding. I was literally the room in which I was meditating, then the house, then I was going up and up and at some point I became the planet, then I was surpassing the solar system. I did not feel my body anymore, I was becoming all that enormous space. I expanded and expanded and at some point I became the whole Universe. I knew I was the whole Universe. I was everything and nothing at the same time. I was the Universe but also a minuscule point at the center of my being. This state felt great but sincerely I did not understand it. There was just me, no one else… and I was asking myself where God is. I was ecstatic but also distraught because I could not find God… Having read so many NDE I now understand where or who God was…

In any case, now to tie it with my “dream”. The space in which I expanded was pitch black. At some point during my expansion I saw a horizon, a line separating the dark Universe from a bright white world. I knew that I reached the end of the Universe (though the Universe felt infinite, I also sensed this was like a border between the physical Universe and the other world or another Universe). I was in the dark space, contemplating the bright horizon, the white world and I was afraid to step in. For the first time fear gripped me and I had the feeling that if I stepped there, I could not find the way back to my body. And this ties with the white strip I saw and the feeling of it being a border and if you pass it there is no way back.

Thank you for reading my experience. I am happy to share it. :)

MysterySeeker
test

Re: NDE or just a dream?

Post by MysterySeeker » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:39 pm

It sounds like you had an OBE (out of body experience) ... interesting ! :)

Rey
test

Post by Rey » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:29 pm

Two experience events seem to be described.

The first one in many ways sounds not unlike a type of alien abduction and the second experience is not unlike an OBE, STE (ie, Spiritual transformative Experience) involving astral projection or a Cosmic Consciousness Experience.

In my initial days of NDERF participation I would have considered such experience descriptions highly unusual, but not now.

A good number of the NDE, OBE, STE, CC experiences read like some type of dimensional portal has been opened allowing an experential interface with angel looking like beings. Some of these experiences involve a control room type setting such as the case described in MB's NDE.

"Afterwards, the tunnel turned a light yellow and I saw a female 'being' appear in order to accompany me. We finally arrived at a light and then a room appeared - sort of a control room - where there were people behind one-way mirrors. I heard someone say that I had arrived at a parallel universe at a HIGHER LEVEL OF CONSCIOUSNESS where it was possible to see other people living normally upon the earth. That was a great revelation. The secret to the universe was presented to me. The secret is that there is another world where things really are real, where truth, goodness and harmony exist. Life is not limited to the earth experience. Earth life is only a small part of the whole. Those who earn the right are shown eternal life. That was the essence." - HIGHER LEVEL OF CONSCIOUSNESS

In the case of Wilfred B ( Wilford B ), which wasnt an NDE per se, time slowed down during a high speed motorcycle crash and a "window" opened up in space-time. (Sparks and plasma descriptors are associated with the window's appearance.) The beings peering at him through the window, seemed to be controlling his precarious situation so as to avoid catastrophic injury.

It has been prophesied already by a number of people that as technology advances, humankind will be able to gain better insight into afterlife. Creations such as LHC and quantum computers are also expected to be part of such breakthroughs.

It may well be that one day, if humankind should evolve sufficiently to be worthy, then inter-dimensional time travel might become a reality.
Last edited by Garry on Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to use the AniWindow BBCODE by Garry

Eveleen

Post by Eveleen » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:38 am

Thank you for the replies, they gave me a new perspective. To be honest I never considered an alien abduction... and hope it wasn't :shock: (time to search for some implants :lol: ).

My experience has quite some similarities with the first NDE you provided, MB's. (altered perceptions, feeling like a child, deep understanding and also other people living on Earth.) If I had an OBE perhaps my perception was also altered by my expectations or imagination, in the same way some people experienced "heaven" the way they have imagined it their whole lives.

The second NDE is quite impressive. We may think we are alone, but there are beings who are willing to help us. I think I also received this sort of help when I was in midddle school. I was walking near a building and had to take a right turn following said building. But then I suddenly turned left. I felt a jolt as if someone literally pushed me and as I took two steps some bricks came crushing down, exactly where I would have been if I hadn't changed my trajectory. I was baffled and scared. I would have died if the bricks had hit my head. I did not see or hear anything but perhaps some angels helped me too :) .

Giulia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Giulia » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:19 am

Hi, Eveleen, and welcome :)

I find both the experiences you describe really amazing and feel that trying to label them is becoming nowadays increasingly difficult, thanks to the fact that more and more people feel the drive and willingness to share them.

The first one you describe has so many things in common with an NDE that this is the word that came to mind first. Following Dr Parnia's research on Actual Death Experiences (or ADEs), that is experiences by people who have been monitored as clinically dead for over 40 minutes, I feel the term near-death experience may be used more loosely to include profound experiences such as the one you describe.

The idea that there may be guardians keeping us here on the physical plane and within the restrictions set for this physical life as if we were in some kind of prison rings very familiar, and I tend to associate it with what some refer to as the 'ego': just as there is a more primitive part of the brain - the reptilian brain, responsible for our ancestral drive for survival, territory, aggression and defence - the ego is supposed to be an archaic guardian, responsible for keeping us anchored to the physical dimension, employing such ruses as sceptical, ‘rational’ and ‘logical’ reasoning, dismissive of the supernatural and of any other 'otherworldly' existence we may become accidentally aware of.

However, in the experience where you felt pushed and avoided being killed by bricks, it would seem that the same guardians were at work. Maybe from 'this' side they do not appear bad. As you suggested, it
Eveleen wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:41 am
Depends on which side of the bars you are!
I quite imagine how your experience while at high school makes much more sense now. :) And I am glad you are able to find the words to describe it.

About the chances that your husband and earthly family may just be part of some kind of virtual game, I guess I understand your distress. After many struggles and explorations, I have come to see all realities as 'real', 'parallel' and 'simultaneous'.

That's just my two cents :P.

Welcome again Image
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience

Martina
test

Post by Martina » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Hi Eveleen, fascinating experiences! Thank you for sharing. I agree with others who suggested that you experienced yourself out of your body.

You said: Since it is not a true NDE I can only post it here.

You could post your experience on NDERF's sister website http://www.oberf.org/ as well, which also includes STEs (Spiritually Transformative Events).

I have one question, did you start reading NDE accounts after this experience, or before? If before, reading accounts of other people could have influenced what you saw and felt. Not saying that your experience wasn't real, I believe it certainly was, but prior knowledge can color these kinds of events, not necessarily but it can happen.

Eveleen

Post by Eveleen » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:52 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome! :)
About the chances that your husband and earthly family may just be part of some kind of virtual game, I guess I understand your distress.
I knew that if I stayed there I was going to die. I think I also felt relief, if you can imagine :D , that finally the illusion is over. Perhaps my husband and everyone else also have their real selves elsewhere, while trapped in the illusion. However, I do not think we are trapped here against our will. I for one feel that I chose this life for all the lessons that I learned. Lately my life did feel like a video game :D in which I unlock virtues, powers, knowledge, undestanding, raise my stats and my level. Each time I am confronted with something and I overcome it I see the lessons in it and all the knowledge I gained. If we take life like that it becomes amazingly interesting and fun, even though there may be difficulties, there is always a solution and at the end of it you will be transformed for the better.
You could post your experience on NDERF's sister website http://www.oberf.org/ as well, which also includes STEs (Spiritually Transformative Events).

I have one question, did you start reading NDE accounts after this experience, or before? If before, reading accounts of other people could have influenced what you saw and felt. Not saying that your experience wasn't real, I believe it certainly was, but prior knowledge can color these kinds of events, not necessarily but it can happen.
Thank you so very much. I will also post it there.

The thing is that the experience happened some 9-10 years ago. I was around 16 at the time and I had no idea that we are actually One with All There Is. That is why I did not understand the experience, I was the whole Universe and at some point I was like "Great, this feels amazing but... ahm God? Aliens? Someone?" :lol: I did not understand why I was the only one permeating the Universe and there was nothing else besides me. I want to have that experience again and this time I think it will be different.

I believe having this experience is quite easy and anyone can do it. I was meditating every night for about 1 or 2 months that it happened. So you don't have to grow a long beard and sit on a mountain top for years in order to have it :D . Over the years I did not meditate much, but I started again recently and hope to stick with it and not become lazy or busy again :roll: .

I can give you some tips. I now just follow the breath (I think back then I also did some mantras). After some time you feel the edges of you body fuzzy and you feel your body bigger, as if you were fat. This is where it begins. You feel the fingers like sausages and the best feeling to describe it is that you feel sort of obese :D . Mind you, it's a very nice feeling, there is no tension in the body and you feel like floating. Sometimes I would also get this feeling while laying in bed relaxed. Then you should feel like a sphere the size of your body, and your whole consciousness inhabiting it. You are a tiny spot at the center but also the edge. If you reach that point you should be able to expand into the Universe more easily. I think the crucial point is getting from feeling fat to feeling the sphere. After that one meditation I did have some others where I would expand beyond a sphere, but I knew I was not the whole Universe. When you are the whole Universe you know it ;) I hope to have that experience again soon. It's not hard in itself, the hardest part is getting your ass off the computer and your suff and sitting in meditation enough time...