What happens right after we die?

Beliefs, Experiences and Scientific Findings about the Afterlife
DTR1975
Site Admin

What happens right after we die?

Post by DTR1975 »

This was a pretty cool video. It is an edited reading of a transcript of medium relaying a deceased British sailor's account of what happened to him right after his death. Check it out.

[
-Derek
DTR1975
Site Admin

Re: What happens right after we die?

Post by DTR1975 »

There is something that bothers me about these mediumistic accounts of the Afterlife. I've read and heard a lot of them. They call out "religion" as man made, ignorant, and abusive of people by those in power. And to a certain extent they are correct to do so. But, Ive noticed that none of these accounts ever seem to answer the existential questions that have vexxed man kind for eons that religions were created to answer. Where do we come from? Why are we here? Where are we going? Why aren't these questions answered by the spirits? Do they just not know or care? Many accounts have described life on earth as a school to learn. But for what? School is a means to an end. You attend classes so that you can be a productive member of society in the field of your choice. So what are we being educated for? What are we to become?
-Derek
learnerjordan

Post by learnerjordan »

I have a similar question, but it’s more like, If we’re here for growth, ascension, to learn and to experience, what is the end goal? for the higher being to learn from our experiences? there must be an end goal for all souls and living things. what if that’s happening right niw?

Sandi T’s NDE says that the great intelligence/source is a paradox. I’ll see if I can find the link to it, but I’ve posted it here awhile ago. This might be an answer you’re looking for?

https://www.nderf.org/Experiences/1sandi_t_ndes.html
The Great Intelligence, god if you will, is a paradox. It is completely loving and fully unlimited. Which by the definition of paradox, means it is impossible. It cannot be limited only to love, it cannot be limited to only being unlimited--or it is not unlimited. Earth is a place where the unlimited becomes limited. The singular becomes many. It can know community, and loneliness. It can know heartache, and hope
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

Yes Jordan, I've come across this one several times. I was particularly interested with this passage:
"This Presence was exquisite and magnificent. I also felt its gratitude for all of humanity and for all who must suffer in this place. It had weight, presence, and form. It is one thing I have never heard spoken of; that God is grateful to us and for us and for all that we are and do."

It certainly begs quite a few questions, such as: What is it that we do that God is grateful to us for? How does it benefit him? And as you stated, to what ultimate end? Despite the multitude of failures of religion in many areas, the major belief systems of the world have answers to these questions. For Christians( and Jews and Muslims), God created us to love and to glorify him.
-Derek