your mind and spirit remain young.

Unusual Experiences, Reincarnation, Philosophy, Religion, Science, Everyday Life
admin
Site Admin

your mind and spirit remain young.

Post by admin »

This is so true..

One thing you never realize when you are young is that when you age, your mind and spirit remain young. You feel young inside, but your young spirit looks at the world through the eyes of an aging shell. Inside we feel the same as we always have. We have more or less the same hopes and dreams and wishes and desires as we had when we are young. Our insides stay young. It’s just the outside that becomes old and frail. And as we become older, we become invisible, insignificant. We realize that more of our life is behind us than in front of us.

I read this once and have always remembered it

“I asked an elderly man once what it was like to be old and to know the majority of his life was behind him. He told me that he has been the same age his entire life. He said the voice inside of his head had never aged. He has always just been the same boy. His mother’s son. He had always wondered when he would grow up and be an old man. He said he watched his body age and his faculties dull but the person he is inside never got tired. Never aged. Never changed.

Our spirits are eternal. Our souls are forever. The next time you encounter an elderly person, look at them and know they are still a child, just as you are still a child and children will always need love, attention, and purpose.” ~ Author Unknown

f96dc5e0-73e2-47bc-a57a-2b94d25dcfb9.jpg
DTR1975
Site Admin

Re: your mind and spirit remain young.

Post by DTR1975 »

This was really cool. I've also noticed that as I have gotten older, time seems to pass by quicker. When I was a kid, a year seemed like an eternity. Now the years just zip by. I can't believe 2024 is almost half over already. It seems like Christmas was just a few weeks ago.
-Derek
Giulia
Site Admin

Re: your mind and spirit remain young.

Post by Giulia »

Garry, this is so true.

As an astral traveller, I enjoy looking at myself in astral mirrors when I am out of the body. When I started astral travelling I was 29 and was a lonely person with no friends because I lived 40 km away from the office and I had just moved from a town that was 200 km away. I was pretty and cared very much about how I looked, but when I looked at myself in astral mirrors my face was bruised and with plasters and my hair was untidy.

When I met my husband the reflection coming from astral mirrors changed radically and I started looking a beautiful young woman. I continued looking young and in my prime as the years went by. The spirit does not age, it looks young and beautiful.

When I meet deceased people they also look young and in their prime and don’t need to wear glasses.

In 2023 I went with my husband to parish church reacreation centres for elderly people several afternoons a week. We playd cards, tombola and other games and had tea together. Everyone looked full of energy and willing to have fun. I remember in particular a lady who was 101, very well dressed and very good at playing cards. And a 98 year old gentleman who rode his bicycle and lived on his own. But most of them needed a stick to walk or even a walker. A number of them had a caregiver who took them there and kept them company.

When I think about the way I am aging I must say I mainly try to look forwards. Looking back doesn’t help me to cope with the day ahead. I realize time goes by anyway and I feel the need to be here and now with my young spirit, in order not to miss anything.