Vision of the future

DTR1975
Site Admin

Vision of the future

Post by DTR1975 »

VIDEO: He Died & Was Shown Humanity’s Terrifying Future (NDE): https://youtu.be/D_phPc-_5Kw?si=5Q8-Ctg79N9Xs-HR
-Derek
Giulia
Site Admin

Re: Vision of the future

Post by Giulia »

I wonder what the belief system and upbringing of the experiencer was when he had this experience and reported a terrifying potential future.

Seers of the Virgin Mary have also reported seeing this sort of terrifying potential futures, with an obsession about Russia. In Fatima the seers were shown the dangers that Russia involved and they received a prediction of World War II (a potential future in 1917). However the apparitions of the Virgin Mary are full of religious overtones.
anthonychip

Post by anthonychip »

Giulia wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:00 pm I wonder what the belief system and upbringing of the experiencer was when he had this experience and reported a terrifying potential future.

Seers of the Virgin Mary have also reported seeing this sort of terrifying potential futures, with an obsession about Russia. In Fatima the seers were shown the dangers that Russia involved and they received a prediction of World War II (a potential future in 1917). However the appartions of the Virgin Mary are full of religious overtones.
https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/afterlife/
In a thousand years people will all be dead, and their children and grandchildren as well, and nothing that you have done will make any difference”. (Singer 1993: 274)

Singer responds:

We should not, however, think of our efforts as wasted unless they endure forever, or even for a very long time. (1993: 274)

His solution is to think of the universe in four-dimensional terms; according to this philosophy of time, all times are equally real. On this view, it is always the case that in the year 2020, the lives of the villagers are made better; they are happy, healthy, and well educated in 2020.
https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/progress/

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/time/
The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy has articles on several topics related to the end of the world, including:
Progress
The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy has an article on progress that discusses two Enlightenment accounts. The teleological account argues that history has an end, and progress is a manifestation of that end. The non-teleological account argues that history is open-ended, but there is still a tendency toward freedom.
Time
The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy has an article on time that asks if it's possible for all change in the universe to stop for a period of time.
Progress
First published Thu Feb 17, 2011; substantive revision Wed Feb 28, 2024
The philosophical discourse on progress, both moral and political, has a long history. It first rose to prominence in the Age of Enlightenment as a particular view of history as progressive (see entries on Enlightenment and philosophy of history). Contrary to the view that history is a sequence of random events with no particular trajectory or meaning, the Enlightenment view holds that history has a tendency toward freedom. There are two major ways to account for this tendency: one teleological and the other non-teleological. Crudely, the teleological account argues that world history has its own end, and progress toward human freedom is its manifestation. This account leaves little room for human agency in advancing or obstructing progress, for progress is inevitable by dint of the “law of history.” By contrast, the non-teleological account argues that even though history is open-ended, there is still a tendency toward freedom because of the interplay of causal forces including human nature, rationality, and institutions. On this account, progress is possible. Section 1 of this entry gives an overview of these two Enlightenment accounts of progress.
2. Reductionism and Platonism with Respect to Time
What if one day things everywhere ground to a halt? What if birds froze in mid-flight, people froze in mid-sentence, and planets and subatomic particles alike froze in mid-orbit? What if all change, throughout the entire universe, completely ceased for a period of, say, one year? Is such a thing possible?

If the answer to this last question is “yes”—if it is possible for there to be time without change—then time is in some important sense independent of the events within time. Other ways of investigating whether time is independent of the events within time include asking whether all of the physical processes that happen in time could happen at a faster or slower rate, and asking whether all events could have happened slightly earlier or later in time. After all, if every physical process could suddenly happen twice as fast, or if every event could take place slightly earlier or later in time, then it follows that in some important sense time can remain the same even if the way that events are distributed in time changes wholesale.
https://www.encyclopedia.com/education/ ... al-aspects
End of the World, Religious and Philosophical Aspects of
Beliefs in the "end of the world" (loosely speaking, eschatology ), generally from a massive cataclysm, appear in many cultures, especially those with creation myths. Those who believe this "end of the world" is imminent, that is, apocalyptic believers, have produced a vast literature focused on the destructive nature of the "end" of the physical creation. By creating this "sense of an ending" these catastrophic scenarios knit up a culture's cosmogony in a great cycle of time during which creation "lives out" its allotted span. Because the physical world of time and space (Latin saeculum, which in French, siècle, means both "century" and "secular") are so concrete, the temptation to measure the length of the world's existence and hence to "date" its end has existed in all cultures. Nowhere, however, did this concern become more intense than in Western European culture, birthplace of modern notions of time and modern techniques of time measurement.
My opinion: End of the world philosophy seems to me to require a belief that there was a beginning to time.

There is no known beginning of time nor space. Creation myths usually have a beginning in time and space.

If there is a belief in a beginning, rather than an eternal existence, then it seems to require an end of time?

I believe our existence is eternal and completely within the Divine Presence without a beginning nor an end.

https://youtu.be/L5YO9nmojo4
Apr 17, 2024 Crash Course Pods: The Universe
Introducing the very first Crash Course Podcast! Over the next 11 episodes, John Green and Katie Mack will walk through the entire history of the universe… even the parts that aren’t written yet.

Episode 1 premieres April 24th and can be streamed here on the Crash Course channel and wherever else you get your podcasts. Subscribe at https://complexly.io/theuniverse
https://crash-course-pods-the-universe. ... -was-there

Ep. 1: The First Fraction of a Second
APRIL 24TH, 2024 | 48:37 | S1:E1

EPISODE SUMMARY
Dr. Katie Mack teaches John Green about the beginning of the Universe - including that we are not just made of stardust; we are also made of Big Bang stuff, with pieces of us directly born in the vast, first cacophony.

EPISODE NOTES
"Part of me was there?"

Dr. Katie Mack teaches John Green about the beginning of the Universe - including that we are not just made of stardust; we are also made of Big Bang stuff, with pieces of us directly born in the vast, first cacophony.
Youtube transcript of episode 1: https://chipolettitrasenteancestry.blog ... crash.html

https://crash-course-pods-the-universe. ... -can-exist
Ep. 2: Why We Can Exist
MAY 8TH, 2024 | 44:23 | S1:E2

EPISODE SUMMARY
Dr. Katie Mack and John Green discuss the fundamental forces of nature, the tiny ovens we know as particle colliders, and how we all can exist.

EPISODE NOTES
"That’s why we’re here. Something broke."
Youtube transcript of episode 2: https://chipolettitrasenteancestry.blog ... -pods.html

Cosmic creation myths: Obviously creation myths exist in science as well as religion and probably in any type of belief system which values time as a fundamental aspect of existence.

MY COSMIC OPINION: Any belief system which values time as a fundamental aspect of existence is:

ABSOLUTE nonsense

my opinion: the bottom line is that there is no ACTUAL matter, so the IMAGINARY existence of matter, which seems to be the nature of spiritual experiences like NDEs, becomes obvious to the NDE experiencer as they are free from time-space and are in what I believe is the waveform of photons which comprise intangible spiritual awareness, what I would call the fundamental consciousness which has existed forever and is the ACTUALITY of existence...matter as perceived from a reified memory cloud of a previous spiritual event then becomes the physical reality as defined by my idea of a dream sequence [humanity] which is bound by the Higgs field and is temporal as well as malleable, meaning we are the artist which paints the physical event and can even reconstruct it to protect our own ego :)

- Anthony Chipoletti
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

anthonychip wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:51 am Cosmic creation myths: Obviously creation myths exist in science as well as religion and probably in any type of belief system which values time as a fundamental aspect of existence.
The Big Bang is not a myth. It is the prevailing cosmological model for the universe. It states that the universe began with a very hot, dense state and has been expanding and cooling ever since.

Of course we are talking about the physical universe, which is ruled by linear time.

Here are some key points about the Big Bang:

- Very hot, dense beginning: The universe is thought to have begun about 13.8 billion years ago from a state that was incredibly hot and dense.

- Expansion and cooling: As the universe expanded, it also cooled down. This allowed for the formation of atoms and eventually the stars and galaxies we see today.

- Continuing expansion: The universe is still expanding even today, and the rate of expansion is actually accelerating.

Scientists have gathered a lot of evidence to support the Big Bang theory. This evidence includes:

- The cosmic microwave background radiation: This is a faint afterglow of light from the Big Bang that fills the entire universe.

- The abundance of light elements: The Big Bang theory predicts the relative abundances of light elements like hydrogen and helium, which matches what is observed in the universe.

- The redshift of galaxies: Distant galaxies are observed to be moving away from us at speeds that are proportional to their distance. This is exactly what would be expected if the universe is expanding.

The Big Bang theory is still being refined, and there are some aspects that we don't yet fully understand. For example, we don't know what caused the Big Bang or what happened at the very beginning. But overall, it is the most successful theory we have for explaining the origin and evolution of our universe.

Based on this theory, one could imagine that in the beginning the physical plane did not exist. Based on this, I could assume that linear time, as we know it, did not exist either. So, we could also say that, WITHIN LINEAR TIME the physical universe has existed forever.

In my opinion, acknowledging that linear time started existing at the time that physical matter started exising is NOT nonsense.

I feel that the real morbid nonsense is speculating on horrible potential futures, without taking into account that humans are powerful spiritual beings that are able to co-create wonderful futures with their Divine Source.

Of course I expect that the end of linear time might eventually come, exactly as it originally began.

Beyond the physical plane linear time does not exist, but it DOES exist on the physical plane and should be viewed with respect as it rules our physical existence, and I do not think this is nonsense.
anthonychip

Post by anthonychip »

Giulia wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:39 am
The Big Bang is not a myth.
Giulia, thank you for connecting my comments into one :)

I thought of doing that and simply got so sleepy that I quit.

Just woke now and I agree that the BBT is physically real...

I should have clarified that there was linear time before BBT.

And I believe there are multiverses which pre-exist our BBT.

To me, ALL physicality is created by our spiritual dream state.

We imagine ALL physicality by our own creation of the memory.

The memory of an intangible spiritual experience which we had.

We do not ACTUALLY reproduce the experience, only a memory.

I believe that the physical reality is our own movie that we create.

We seem to be unable to see how we create and edit the movie.

We see the movie as if we edit, direct and produce a screenplay.

The movie, ALL physicality, has existed forever as a dream state.

Without the physical movie we would have no spiritual memory.

Spiritual events never pause nor repeat, so we create a memory.

Obviously, no two versions of the movie ever completely agree...

This is because we each have complete freedom to edit our movie.

Actually the ideas about time which I posted were new ideas to me.

Especially that end times would require a pause or end to dreaming.

This is why I cannot imagine any end time: We ALWAYS need to dream.

The physical reality is a memory device which has always existed...

For some reason, we seem to think we all create the same memory.

If that were the case, there would be no need to communicate :violin:
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

Hello, Tony, and thanks for sharing your philosophical ideas, which offer a unique perspective on reality and are free from mainstream science.

So, you acknowledge the Big Bang as a real physical phenomenon, but you say that there was linear time even before the Big Bang itself (which most cosmologists wouldn't agree with). I honestly don’t know what to say: there may be multiple universes besides our universe, so linear time may well have started existing before our Big Bang.

You also propose the existence of multiple universes (multiverse) that pre-date our Big Bang, which I find credible. You then take a more philosophical turn, suggesting all physical reality is a product of a collective spiritual dream. You say we experience the intangible spiritual world and then create a physical reality as a memory of that experience: you say that this physical reality is like a movie each of us edits and experiences differently.

You connect the concept of an ending to the idea of stopping the dream. Since we always need to dream, you can't imagine an end to physical reality.

You say that the physical world acts as a memory device for the spiritual experience and that we mistakenly believe we all share the same memory, which is why communication is necessary.

To be honest, in my opinion, creation is much more than a dream. Dreaming, in my opinion, is simply a byproduct of existence, a byproduct on which we have little control. Since I have pre-birth memories, I know I didn’t simply dream my physical life, but deliberately planned it from beyond space and time. I know I did, also because of a number of reminders I received throughout my life about my plan, ever since childhood. As I implement my plan, I have much more control on it than I would have in a dream, even though I have made it a priority to also experience lucid dreams and astral journeys.

The idea of individual "movies" for each person is interesting and could explain why some people have terryfying visions of the future of our physical world and others don’t.

The Near-Death Experiencer Derek quoted had no control over his visions of a horrible potential future. However I feel there might have been something morbid about his mindset, which explains a propensity to the contemplation of horror “movies”. What do you think?
anthonychip

Post by anthonychip »

Giulia wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:52 am The Near-Death Experiencer Derek quoted had no control over his visions of a horrible potential future. However I feel there might have been something morbid about his mindset, which explains a propensity to the contemplation of horror “movies”. What do you think?
Giulia, I am still quite confused about every aspect of existence even though I have strong opinions, I still wonder about the intensely held beliefs and interpretations of personal experiences. To be truthful, I cannot imagine any preconceived aspect of existence because I believe we have complete freedom to identify ourselves and define our experiences. Absolute freedom without any actual spiritual or physical aspect permanently defined. I may be offending some spiritual entity because I just heard the loudest clap of thunder while typing the previous sentence :)
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

anthonychip wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:26 amI may be offending some spiritual entity because I just heard the loudest clap of thunder while typing the previous sentence :)
Please don’t worry, Tony. Would you believe it? While you were writing this sentence, I was reading and commenting about the clap of thunder Diane heard during an apparition in full sight of her deceased father.

I think that was no coincidence, don’t you?
anthonychip wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:26 am To be truthful, I cannot imagine any preconceived aspect of existence because I believe we have complete freedom to identify ourselves and define our experiences. Absolute freedom without any actual spiritual or physical aspect permanently defined.
I fully agree with you.
anthonychip

Post by anthonychip »

I agree that it is no coincidence, however, the exact meaning of the event such as the thunder clap during our conversation could be interpreted in any number of ways?
Giulia wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:39 am
The Big Bang is not a myth.
Giulia, of course, my use of the word myth is in the context of Alan Watts' idea:
When I use the word “myth” I don't necessarily mean “falsehood.” To me, the word “myth” signifies a great idea in terms of which man tries to make sense of the world. It may be an idea, it may be an image.
Actually, I just now looked at several dictionaries online, and to my surprise, they all use Watts' idea as the first option!

The common usage in everyday speech is the second option, which is that myth is a falsehood, as the word is often used.
Giulia wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:52 am
The Near-Death Experiencer Derek quoted had no control over his visions of a horrible potential future. However I feel there might have been something morbid about his mindset, which explains a propensity to the contemplation of horror “movies”. What do you think?
Giulia, sorry I was so enraptured with my own ideas that I forgot to respond to your question :)

Since my brain and memory are often forgetful, if I did answer, then let me update any answer.

I think that the only reason a person would imagine a horrible potential future is because of fear.

My recent concept about fear of freedom being a common reaction which people have is a cause.

Generally speaking, I think people often equate freedom with the cause of some trauma they had.

Such as, the mistaken idea that street drugs can solve their depression, which I think happens a lot.

Freedom, in my opinion, is a result of being one's own rescuer from mistaken ideas which cause pain.

Speaking for myself, I make and repeat over and over the most obvious mistakes in spite of the pain.

Because I have never identified my true self as my body, I actually apologize to my body for any pain :)

I probably have not actually answered your question exactly, however, I think the cause was his fear...