Hello from Michigan

Post your introduction and tell us a little something about yourself
Dmartin

Hello from Michigan

Post by Dmartin »

I hope you all can overlook my grammar it is not the best. I have not had a nde. I think I can be helpful to those of you who may be looking for validation/answers about them. I was a participant on a theology discussion list with biblical scholars for twenty-five years. The reason I joined was God had revealed His arm to me and soon after that the Holy Spirit opened the scriptures to me. While I was yet carnal for much of those years I continue growing spiritually being of the truth. Since I've been born again of Him even being taught the Holy Scriptures from a child, I have spiritually grown into being both a hearer and doer of the word and so I continue in doing of God's will and of His good pleasure. I speak the truth toward God even Jesus I have both the Father and His Son my conscience bears witness in the Holy Ghost. I do not speak the truth at all from/of my own/anyone's else own knowledge it is God's knowledge alone. I've had many visions God has revealed to/involve me. From time to time, He still does. My mom passed away in May '21 and my dad passed away in October '21. A couple weeks before my dad died, I told him that God revealed mom to (within) me that He sent her to me from heaven. I heard her come to me with many angels they were a little behind her and that her/their voice were full in joy, and that she's perfect she is full of His light in her. And she had on a beautiful yellow dress that was flowing as she moved. He believed what I told him. He told me when he gets to heaven, he will try to find me. I told him if it is in God's will, you will. About two weeks after he died (I realized it was same time with mom), God sent him to (within) me from heaven. I seen him from the shoulders up that he was standing in front of me face to face. He too was perfect with His light full in him. We smiled at each other knowing that God has now fulfilled this. You see, the spiritual afterlife you all speak of can already be here while we are yet on earth. The kingdom of heaven is in us that is why you all experienced it even God and Jesus in the nde you had. It really does begin as small as a mustard seed. I welcome any questions or comments you have.
Dmartin

Hello from Michigan

Post by Dmartin »

I am new here. Sorry I somehow submitted my new post at the bottom of "Hello from New York" posts. Please read it there. I will check for responses. Thank you. Dmartin.
Zen Tzu
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Michigan

Post by Zen Tzu »

A very warm welcome to you Dmartin! :)
Dmartin wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:06 pm I am new here. Sorry I somehow submitted my new post at the bottom of "Hello from New York" posts. Please read it there. I will check for responses. Thank you. Dmartin.
~Dimmi con chi vai e ti diro`chi sei~
Zen Tzu
Site Admin

Post by Zen Tzu »

A very warm welcome to you Dmartin! Your grammar is just fine :) We are happy to have you as a member :)
Dmartin wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:50 pm I hope you all can overlook my grammar it is not the best.
~Dimmi con chi vai e ti diro`chi sei~
Dmartin

Post by Dmartin »

Zen Tzu wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:21 pm A very warm welcome to you Dmartin! Your grammar is just fine :) We are happy to have you as a member :)
Dmartin wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:50 pm I hope you all can overlook my grammar it is not the best.

Thank you Zen Tzu! I'm glad to hear that :D Thank you, I'm happy to be here :D
Dmartin

Post by Dmartin »

Zen Tzu wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:18 pm A very warm welcome to you Dmartin! :)
Dmartin wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:06 pm I am new here. Sorry I somehow submitted my new post at the bottom of "Hello from New York" posts. Please read it there. I will check for responses. Thank you. Dmartin.

Thank you very much Zen Tzu! :D
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

Hi Dmartins,

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you found us and I'm sure you'll find people here who are interested in hearing about your experiences.

I guess I have sorted out the problem with your first post appearing under the "Hello from New York" thread and, by the way, your grammar is fine.

I understand that you haven't had a near-death experience yourself, but you've had many visions that God has revealed to you, which we often refer to as Spiritually Transformative Experiences or STEs. We have a section of the forum that is specially meant for sharing Spiritually Transformative Experiences that may not fall within other categories.

You also mentioned that your mom and dad passed away recently and that you had a vision of them both in heaven. This is what the ADC or After-Death Communication section of the Forum is about.

You wrote:
And she had on a beautiful yellow dress that was flowing as she moved. He believed what I told him. He told me when he gets to heaven, he will try to find me.
Yellow is often associated to sunshine and evokes feelings of happiness, positivity, optimism, and summer. Based on what Spiritualists say about the Afterlife, the place appears as a form of spiritualized Earth, lit by a sun that does not trouble the eyes, and it is often referred to as "Summerland". The fact that you exchanged a pre-death agreement with your father about meeting after his death is also a well-known practice, which is taken into account when describing an After-Death Communication account.

We also have a section of the forum devoted to Christianity: The Christianity Cafe, where you may wish to elaborate on your experiences involving the Scriptures, the Father, Jesus and the Holy Ghost. I was raised as a Christian and I have always found it logical to think that the spiritual afterlife can already be here while we are still on earth. This is a concept that is shared by many different religions and spiritual traditions. In Christianity, for example, it is said that the kingdom of heaven is within us and we can experience the presence of God and the afterlife even while we are still living in this world.

I think your experiences are very valuable and I'm sure they will be helpful to others who are seeking answers about the afterlife. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Even though everyone's experience of the afterlife is unique and there is no one right way to experience it, I feel that we are incredibly lucky if we choose to open our hearts and minds to the possibility of something more than this physical world, irrespective of the fact that the afterlife is not something that we can fully understand with our minds.

By sharing our experiences with each other, we can help shed light on this mystery and come closer to understanding what it means to be truly alive. Here is why I hope you will share your experiences in more detail with us.

Thank you again for your post. I look forward to learning more from you.
Dmartin

Post by Dmartin »

Hi Giulia,

You wrote:
Hi Dmartins,

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you found us and I'm sure you'll find people here who are interested in hearing about your experiences.

Dmartin writes: Thank you! I'm glad I found you all! Yes, I'm looking forward to helping people here to understand my experiences and also to better understand their own.

You wrote:
I guess I have sorted out the problem with your first post appearing under the "Hello from New York" thread and, by the way, your grammar is fine.

Dmartin: Yes, it looks like you have. Thank you! And thanks for accepting my grammar.

You wrote:
I understand that you haven't had a near-death experience yourself, but you've had many visions that God has revealed to you, which we often refer to as Spiritually Transformative Experiences or STEs. We have a section of the forum that is specially meant for sharing Spiritually Transformative Experiences that may not fall within other categories.

Dmartin: I went to the forum and read the meanings of STEs. They are different than mine. Mine come from a known source. Every one of mine have been a work of God that He began and completed. My speaking the truth in Christ my conscious bearing witness in the Holy Ghost is with the same understanding of it that has been from before the beginning through the end of time. And every one that has ever been of the truth has known God even more so He has known us. Just as Jesus said His word will not pass away.

You wrote:

You also mentioned that your mom and dad passed away recently and that you had a vision of them both in heaven. This is what the ADC or After-Death Communication section of the Forum is about.

You (Dmartin wrote before) wrote:
And she had on a beautiful yellow dress that was flowing as she moved. He believed what I told him. He told me when he gets to heaven, he will try to find me.
You wrote:

Yellow is often associated to sunshine and evokes feelings of happiness, positivity, optimism, and summer. Based on what Spiritualists say about the Afterlife, the place appears as a form of spiritualized Earth, lit by a sun that does not trouble the eyes, and it is often referred to as "Summerland". The fact that you exchanged a pre-death agreement with your father about meeting after his death is also a well-known practice, which is taken into account when describing an After-Death Communication account.

Dmartin: Actually, the pre-death exchange I had with my father the agreement I made "if it is in God's will, you will" was with God. That I knowingly did this (work) to His will and for His good pleasure. That at the time I had an unction in the Holy Ghost to know that he would find me in heaven. After he died, I looked for him to come to me from heaven and was thrilled when I seen him in heaven. And afterward I thanked God for it happened.

You wrote:

We also have a section of the forum devoted to Christianity: The Christianity Cafe, where you may wish to elaborate on your experiences involving the Scriptures, the Father, Jesus and the Holy Ghost. I was raised as a Christian and I have always found it logical to think that the spiritual afterlife can already be here while we are still on earth. This is a concept that is shared by many different religions and spiritual traditions. In Christianity, for example, it is said that the kingdom of heaven is within us and we can experience the presence of God and the afterlife even while we are still living in this world.

Dmartin: Thanks, I will also check out the Christianity forum. I love hearing and doing the Scriptures. The rest of what you said I talk about it below.

You wrote:

I think your experiences are very valuable and I'm sure they will be helpful to others who are seeking answers about the afterlife. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Dmartin: You're welcome. I freely receive the understanding about the afterlife, and I freely give it. If they hear it, then they will know those answers.

You wrote:

Even though everyone's experience of the afterlife is unique and there is no one right way to experience it, I feel that we are incredibly lucky if we choose to open our hearts and minds to the possibility of something more than this physical world, irrespective of the fact that the afterlife is not something that we can fully understand with our minds.

By sharing our experiences with each other, we can help shed light on this mystery and come closer to understanding what it means to be truly alive. Here is why I hope you will share your experiences in more detail with us.

Dmartin: Is it possible that you are starting to understand the afterlife is something more in this physical world to truly be alive in that we can come together to fully understand it with our minds?

You wrote:

Thank you again for your post. I look forward to learning more from you.

Dmartin: You're welcome. You are so kind. I'd say that you have already learned more from me that I'm not alone God is in me. That there is higher learning above us all. Which brings me to mentioning the doctors who don't believe there is an afterlife that people having NDEs are hallucinating or something physical. They are looking at a person's mind staying in the brain until they die then life is permanently gone? The witness of God is greater. I hope it is okay to quote Scripture here to reveal that our minds do not have to stay in just the brain and that our life does not have to be just temporary in the world. 1John 5:10a, "He who (is in the world) believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself.;" Verse 11, "And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life (we have after our life-afterlife) is in His Son." Verse 12a, "He who has the Son has life.;" Verse 13, "These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God." So, these doctors haven't known there is eternal life for our mind and our life to have. Also, people who have had NDEs/other spiritual experiences haven't known either? Otherwise, I would think that they would have been setting these doctors straight by now. Is this real time experience so to speak enough detail for us to build on?

And thank you for your post. I look forward to learning more as well. Yes, I still learn too. :)
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

Dmartin wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:13 pm
Dmartin writes: Thank you! I'm glad I found you all! Yes, I'm looking forward to helping people here to understand my experiences and also to better understand their own.

Dmartin: I went to the forum and read the meanings of STEs. They are different than mine. Mine come from a known source. Every one of mine have been a work of God that He began and completed. My speaking the truth in Christ my conscious bearing witness in the Holy Ghost is with the same understanding of it that has been from before the beginning through the end of time. And every one that has ever been of the truth has known God even more so He has known us. Just as Jesus said His word will not pass away.
Hi, Dmartin.

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you sharing your perspective on STEs. I understand that your understanding of STEs is different than the one shared on the forum, and I respect that.

I want to assure you that you are free to discuss religion on this forum, as long as you accept readers’ diversity of belief. We use terms like God, Divine Source, the Universe and so on, loosely to explain a Spiritually Transformative Experience. We believe that everyone has their own unique understanding of these terms, and we respect that diversity of belief. Near-Death Experiences often present the Experiencer with a whole new Big Picture other than what organized religion can offer, and this can be emotionally challenging if the Experiencer has a rigid religious background. So we try and keep an open mind, as we continue learning.

I would be happy to discuss your understanding of STEs in more detail if you would like. That is what the Christianity Cafe was created for.
Dmartin: Actually, the pre-death exchange I had with my father the agreement I made "if it is in God's will, you will" was with God. That I knowingly did this (work) to His will and for His good pleasure. That at the time I had an unction in the Holy Ghost to know that he would find me in heaven. After he died, I looked for him to come to me from heaven and was thrilled when I seen him in heaven. And afterward I thanked God for it happened.
Thanks for clarifying. That’s fine again, as long as you keep in mind that other readers’ belief system may for instance involve a different perspective, such as for example that we are all part of Divine Consciousness and that God need not be viewed as a separate entity that decides and controls our lives.
Is it possible that you are starting to understand the afterlife is something more in this physical world to truly be alive in that we can come together to fully understand it with our minds?
Based on my own experience and understanding, we cannot fully understand certain ideas fully with our minds, unless we have peak experiences such as an NDE for instance. However, as long as we are forced to return to our body and filter that newly acquired information through our brains, this may not be fully retained, at least at a conscious level. I find that meditation, mindfulness, prayer and other mind calming practices can help us grasp more information as we gradually come out of our peak experience, as long as we are open minded.

You're welcome. You are so kind. I'd say that you have already learned more from me that I'm not alone God is in me. That there is higher learning above us all. Which brings me to mentioning the doctors who don't believe there is an afterlife that people having NDEs are hallucinating or something physical. They are looking at a person's mind staying in the brain until they die then life is permanently gone? The witness of God is greater. I hope it is okay to quote Scripture here to reveal that our minds do not have to stay in just the brain and that our life does not have to be just temporary in the world. 1John 5:10a, "He who (is in the world) believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself.;" Verse 11, "And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life (we have after our life-afterlife) is in His Son." Verse 12a, "He who has the Son has life.;" Verse 13, "These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God." So, these doctors haven't known there is eternal life for our mind and our life to have. Also, people who have had NDEs/other spiritual experiences haven't known either? Otherwise, I would think that they would have been setting these doctors straight by now. Is this real time experience so to speak enough detail for us to build on?
Thank you for your kind words. I am glad that you have found comfort and meaning in your religious beliefs. I understand that you are frustrated by the fact that some doctors do not believe in the afterlife or that NDEs are anything more than hallucinations.

I agree with you that the witness of God is greater than any scientific explanation. However, I also understand that scientific experts need to step out of any preconceived ideas in order to rationally analyze phenomena. This can be a difficult task, especially when it comes to something as mysterious as near-death experiences.

Even though some scientific experts may have a shortsighted and materialistic approach to NDEs, there are no doubt others who are more open-minded about the spiritual side of things. There is a growing body of research on NDEs, and I believe that we will eventually learn more about what they are and what they mean.

In the meantime, I encourage you to continue to share your own experiences and beliefs with others. You may be surprised at how many people are open to hearing what you have to say.
Dmartin

Post by Dmartin »

Hi Giulia,
Hi, Dmartin.

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you sharing your perspective on STEs. I understand that your understanding of STEs is different than the one shared on the forum, and I respect that.

I want to assure you that you are free to discuss religion on this forum, as long as you accept readers’ diversity of belief. We use terms like God, Divine Source, the Universe and so on, loosely to explain a Spiritually Transformative Experience. We believe that everyone has their own unique understanding of these terms, and we respect that diversity of belief. Near-Death Experiences often present the Experiencer with a whole new Big Picture other than what organized religion can offer, and this can be emotionally challenging if the Experiencer has a rigid religious background. So we try and keep an open mind, as we continue learning.

Dmartin: Thank you. Yes, I do accept readers' diversity of belief. I participated a lot with that for many years on the theology discussion list I was on. I still keep an open mind as I continue learning. I often seen on that list the diversity from some people has a rigid religious background to a few who had no religious background at all and in between them. At times I seen their minds were opened (including mine especially as I was helping others find answers, I even seen some pastor's as well). I'm excited to see if I can help the Experiencer find the answer/s they've been looking for to continue until it is found then their mind will be opened too. Yes, it can be emotionally challenging, then again, at times I've seen that change to calm.

Dmartin: As to what you say about terms you use. I understand. It doesn't matter what term people use or what religion people have in the world there is only the same one God, Spirit, and the Son, He is even the same one Lord.

I would be happy to discuss your understanding of STEs in more detail if you would like. That is what the Christianity Cafe was created for.

Dmartin: Ok, thank you. After I finish this reply, I will check it out to see if I can figure it out. I guess I did this forum ok. I'm not that tech savvy. Lol.
Thanks for clarifying. That’s fine again, as long as you keep in mind that other readers’ belief system may for instance involve a different perspective, such as for example that we are all part of Divine Consciousness and that God need not be viewed as a separate entity that decides and controls our lives.

Dmartin: I think you misunderstood me here. If you mean that different perspective refutes what I said then I need to clarify: The week before my dad died the agreement I made with God "if it is in God's will, you will," this was totally my decision and I had total control of it in my life. A couple weeks after my dad died, God acted on that agreement I had with Him and it was fulfilled. At no time was God separate from me, the agreement was not His decision, nor was it in His control. Again, the agreement I made with Him was totally my decision and totally in my control. It was my desire-prayer He acted on/answered. That He acted on it/answered it that was totally His decision and was totally in His control. This should better clarify, right? Then you should also see that I have part in God's Divine Consciousness.
Is it possible that you are starting to understand the afterlife is something more in this physical world to truly be alive in that we can come together to fully understand it with our minds?
Based on my own experience and understanding, we cannot fully understand certain ideas fully with our minds, unless we have peak experiences such as an NDE for instance. However, as long as we are forced to return to our body and filter that newly acquired information through our brains, this may not be fully retained, at least at a conscious level. I find that meditation, mindfulness, prayer and other mind calming practices can help us grasp more information as we gradually come out of our peak experience, as long as we are open minded.

Dmartin: So, everyone who has had an NDE has not had a peak experience at least at a conscious level? Yes, I can see that hasn't happened. What if some then everyone was to start understanding the afterlife in this physical world we would truly be alive fully understanding it together with our minds at conscience level-part of Divine Consciousness? Is your conscience that much open minded? I see Jesus could be lifted up from the earth He called Himself the Son of Man that's who I see. Would this be a good topic to start with in Christianity Cafe/other where there is NDEs?
You're welcome. You are so kind. I'd say that you have already learned more from me that I'm not alone God is in me. That there is higher learning above us all. Which brings me to mentioning the doctors who don't believe there is an afterlife that people having NDEs are hallucinating or something physical. They are looking at a person's mind staying in the brain until they die then life is permanently gone? The witness of God is greater. I hope it is okay to quote Scripture here to reveal that our minds do not have to stay in just the brain and that our life does not have to be just temporary in the world. 1John 5:10a, "He who (is in the world) believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself.;" Verse 11, "And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life (we have after our life-afterlife) is in His Son." Verse 12a, "He who has the Son has life.;" Verse 13, "These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God." So, these doctors haven't known there is eternal life for our mind and our life to have. Also, people who have had NDEs/other spiritual experiences haven't known either? Otherwise, I would think that they would have been setting these doctors straight by now. Is this real time experience so to speak enough detail for us to build on?
Thank you for your kind words. I am glad that you have found comfort and meaning in your religious beliefs. I understand that you are frustrated by the fact that some doctors do not believe in the afterlife or that NDEs are anything more than hallucinations.

I agree with you that the witness of God is greater than any scientific explanation. However, I also understand that scientific experts need to step out of any preconceived ideas in order to rationally analyze phenomena. This can be a difficult task, especially when it comes to something as mysterious as near-death experiences.

Even though some scientific experts may have a shortsighted and materialistic approach to NDEs, there are no doubt others who are more open-minded about the spiritual side of things. There is a growing body of research on NDEs, and I believe that we will eventually learn more about what they are and what they mean.

Dmartin: You're welcome, Giulia. I'm open minded to believing we will soon learn more about what they are and what they mean. Revealing can take a little longer/quite a lot longer in a discussion to fully understand it I liken it to it builds. I think it is better if we were first to learn more about what NDEs are and what they mean. With God, Scripture, and all of us, we'd be the proof of afterlife. Then let the scientific experts do what they expect us to do examine/trust a proof is evidence of the fact and accept it.
In the meantime, I encourage you to continue to share your own experiences and beliefs with others. You may be surprised at how many people are open to hearing what you have to say.
Dmartin: Yes, I will continue to do that. I must be in the right place. I'm already surprised with how well just our discussion has been. I can't wait to talk to ND Experiencers! I understand some may be fragile. I will try hard to help them too.