A distinction between spirituality and religion

Unusual Experiences, Reincarnation, Philosophy, Religion, Science, Everyday Life
Dmartin

Re: A distinction between spirituality and religion

Post by Dmartin »

Dmartin: My last post is ALL quotes? From whom?
anthonychipoletti wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:50 pm Dmartin, thanks for answering !! NO NO NO I meant NO quotes AT ALL, your last post is confusing because it is ALL quotes.
Dmartin

Post by Dmartin »

Dmartin: That has occurred to me that people haven't commented on your posts all along :) I'm not complaining either.
anthonychipoletti wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:55 pm Dmartin, I understand your answer about people not commenting. However, you posted a few topics that people did not comment on :) I posted 600 topics or comments that people did not comment on :)

I am not complaining !! I understand that people are free to be here and not post or comment.
Dmartin

Post by Dmartin »

Dmartin: I see you changed your signature:) Not a lot, I think you added to it:)
anthonychipoletti wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:29 pm Dmartin, my communication has changed after seeing your comments etc.

I changed my signature on over 600 comments because of your comments!

Not only that, I had to check and edit all 600 comments for any confusion.

MANY of my sentences have confusing structure which is then confused in translation.

This is important here in the forum because many members translate to other languages and may not get any meaning from translating my confusing language.
Dmartin

Post by Dmartin »

Dmartin: You say in your signature all your opinions are wrong. Lol. So why would you think your sister might accept any/all of them? I take it wrong is right with you. Ok:)
anthonychipoletti wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:06 pm Dmartin, thanks for explaining your respect for the Scripture as a source of help !!

You probably won't believe this either: I respect your respect for Scripture :)

My sister is my only sibling and we love and respect each other deeply.

She also has this same type of devotion to Scripture and rejects all my opinions :)
Dmartin

Post by Dmartin »

Dmartin: Sorry, Anthonychipoletti, between you wanting me to re-write my words (I guess that's what you are calling my quotes) and again wanting us all to agree to disagree I have decided it is not going to be productive here. Nothing personal. So, I am done posting now. It's time for me to leave. Thanks for your time. Goodbye :)

anthonychipoletti wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:35 am Dmartin, for the moment, you, me, Giulia and Garry ARE the forum :)

Trust me, WE ALL AGREE TO DISAGREE :) As they say in the Creole: THAT WERE MY PLAN FROM THE VERY BEGAN :)

How boring would it be if we all just agree :)
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

anthonychipoletti wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:32 pm Dmartin, I am seeing ALL of your new comments in your message as if your new comments were previously quoted. Ths is very confusing because your NEW comments look like old comments. PLEASE allow me to see your NEW comments as they look in this message, NO quotes around NEW comments :)

The FORM of quotes surrounding your new comments make them LOOK like old comments, so finding your NEW comment becomes very difficult. I would like to see your new comments look like this message without any quotes around your NEW comments, PLEASE.
Hello, Dmartin.

As I mentioned in my post a couple of days ago, I agree that, if quotes are not properly used, they become misleading and make communication difficult for whoever else is trying to follow a topic.

Hello, Tony.

As I mentioned the other day, repetitive posts by the same member can also make a topic difficult to follow.

I will try and devote some time to reading through this very important thread as soon as I can, but cannot guarantee I will have time to edit confusing posts.

Just one note for Tony: I appreciate your stimulating and helpful posts. I don't think it's necessary to say that your opinions are wrong in order to compromise with a single member. Our human vocabularies are limited compared to the core information we are trying to convey, so the word "wrong" can be unhelpful. I've had hundreds of conversations with you, and I feel that your opinions are your opinions, and I often agree with them. If I were in your shoes right now, I would probably change my signature to something like that, especially since you are the biggest contributor to this forum right now, and the only reason there are not many comments by other members is because of the difficult circumstances we are in.
anthonychipoletti wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:14 pm Giulia, is this an ADC or an STE or ?? :)

Hello again, Tony. I am moving this thread to the Serious Cafe, as it deals with what I feel is a very important topic. It is a pity I have not had time to participate so far, but other members may wish to. Even though the topic does not specifically deal with After-Death Communication or other Spiritually Transformative Experiences, it is obviously very interesting and I invite whoever is contributing to follow the rules regarding clarity in expressing opinions, in the use of quotes, in avoiding repetitive posts and in agreeing to disagree when necessary.

TO BE CONTINUED
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

anthonychipoletti wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:31 am Giulia, please do whatever you feel is appropriate. If you want me to edit anything of mine, just let me know or go ahead if you are able to edit any of it.
Hello, Tony. I could in theory join repetitive posts for clarity purposes. That’s all I would do. But unfortunately I do not have time.
anthonychipoletti wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:31 am I removed my signature. It seems I will not need it now :)
I feel a signature is a great way for a member to introduce themselves to any post viewers. Why do you feel you don’t need it any more?
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

anthonychipoletti wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:01 am Giulia, I had tried to use the signature to explain that my comments are not about anyone else's ideas or beliefs.

I feel that this is such an obvious condition, that it is not needed to express it in a signature if people accept that.
I agree with you 100%, Tony 🤗💚👍🏻
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

anthonychipoletti wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:50 am Giulia, thank you so much for your focus on this topic :) I will try to follow it and add any related research.
Hello, Tony 💚

May I ask you to summarize your own personal point of view about this topic in one post?
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

Thanks for your summary, Tony.

Speaking about out-of-the-body experiences, I may just add that, when I am exploring the astral version of my house, or other dimensions, such as those where I meet my deceased loved ones, there always appears to be much more space and "things", usually very beautiful things and spaces. Assuming astral matter is finer than physical matter, I still feel this is a creation of our incarnate selves, which I have had the privilege of experiencing so many times. To a finer degree I can perceive these things and spaces in my lucid dreams, dreams and daydreams. When I am in a hypnagogic state I can happen to perceive what people are doing beyond the physical plane, which is really exciting.

In my case the term "work of art" is not exactly what comes to mind: what I perceive beyond the physical plane seems to be the sort of evidence scientists might be interested in analysing one day.

As to Religion, it seems to me more like a preconceived box humans use in order to feel at ease with their spiritual quest. Yes, humans may still experience freedom when exploring the box, but it feels more challenging.