Biblical near death experiences

Giulia
Site Admin

Re: Biblical near death experiences

Post by Giulia »

anthonychipoletti wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:51 am My opinion is that religion, science, history or any human construct are tools which were developed by humans to make sense of the physical life. Nothing can define God except God. Nothing can define anyone except the person themselves. Each person has complete freedom to define themselves and their own beliefs. Defining others is impossible even for me :) Speaking for myself, it is impossible for me to define me.
Hello, Tony.

Your statement is a profound one, and it raises many important questions about the nature of religion, science, history, and human identity. Please tell me if I understand this correctly.

Religion

You see religion as a tool that humans have developed to make sense of the physical world. This is a view that is shared by many scholars, who argue that religion provides people with a way to understand their place in the universe and to find meaning in their lives.

However, you also believe that nothing can define God except God. This is a more radical view, and it challenges the traditional view of religion as a way to know God and God's will. Your view suggests that religion is more about personal experience and individual interpretation than it is about objective truth.

Science

You also see science as a tool that humans have developed to make sense of the physical world. Science is based on observation and experimentation, and it has produced a vast amount of knowledge about the universe.

However, you also believe that science cannot define everything. For example, science cannot tell us what is good or what is meaningful. Your view suggests that science is a valuable tool, but it is not the only source of truth and meaning.

History

You see history as a human construct. This is because history is written by humans, and it reflects the values and perspectives of the historians who write it.

Your view suggests that we should be critical of history and not take it for granted as a source of objective truth. We should also be aware of the fact that our own understanding of history is shaped by our own values and perspectives.

Human identity

You believe that each person has complete freedom to define themselves and their own beliefs. You also believe that defining others is impossible.

Your view is a liberating one, because it suggests that we are not bound by the definitions that others give us. We are free to create our own identities and to live our lives according to our own values.

Conclusion

Your statement is a challenging one, but it is also a thought-provoking one. It invites us to question our assumptions about religion, science, history, and human identity.