Relationships in the Afterlife

Beliefs, Experiences and Scientific Findings about the Afterlife
DTR1975
Site Admin

Relationships in the Afterlife

Post by DTR1975 »

I was curious about if relationships we have on earth continue into the afterlife and if we can make new relationships there. This article addresses some of the questions that I had.
[https://amyutsman.com/blog/five-common- ... ther-side/]

One question I had that I couldn't find a satisfactory answer to was "Do romantic relationships continue into the afterlife and can you find new ones?" For many people in this life, romance simply isn't possible for a variety of reasons. Will these people get to try again in the afterlife?
What do you think?
-Derek
Giulia
Site Admin

Re: Relationships in the Afterlife

Post by Giulia »

DTR1975 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:21 am One question I had that I couldn't find a satisfactory answer to was "Do romantic relationships continue into the afterlife and can you find new ones?" For many people in this life, romance simply isn't possible for a variety of reasons. Will these people get to try again in the afterlife?
What do you think?
Thank you for posting a link to this article, Derek. I found it very interesting and in line with my understanding.

My answer to your question isn’t simply what I think, but what I know. Romantic relationships get stronger after one transitions, because all ego-related misunderstandings disappear. We are and feel in the prime of our life, we are beautiful, healthy and filled with love. We have no scarcity-related issues on the other side. Of course we preserve our personal identity, but we no longer have limitations. We can also meet new people (discarnate spirits) or remember about spirits we had only previously met in our dreams.

I feel relationships are a key aspect of life after death.

I understand there is a so-called “sphere” in the Afterlife which is the temporary dwelling of especially evil and negative spirits. However, since linear time does not exist on the other side, I don’t expect that being especially evil or negative will make a difference for these spirits’ partners and other related spirits.

I would like to add a comment about our personal identity.

Silver Birch, the high spirit or group soul who spoke through the trance mediumship of Maurice Barbanell for many years, said that the next stage of life is a replica of our world of matter. “Were it not so, the shock for the many who are uninstructed and ignorant would be more than they could stand,” Silver Birch explained. “And so it has to be accomplished by very easy stages. The next stage of life resembles your world.” I understand that this replica involves a spiritualised version of our earth.

(...)

Reaching the highest sphere is sometimes referred to as “merging with the whole” or achieving “Oneness” with the Creator. This is not particularly appealing to some people as it suggests that we give up our individuality. Silver Birch said that such is not the case. “The ultimate is not the attainment of Nirvana,” he communicated. “All spiritual progress is toward increasing individuality. You do not become less of an individual. You become more of an individual. You develop latent gifts, you acquire greater knowledge, your character becomes stronger, more of the divine is exhibited through you…You do not lose yourself. What you succeed in doing is finding yourself.”

Going back to romantic relationships in the Afterlife, I have read several times of two spirits being able to experience merging together and becoming one with each other, an experience which conveys tremendous joy, much more than we can experience on earth.

So I am sure that romantic relationships are fully available for everyone in the Afterlife.
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

That's really encouraging.
-Derek
mahdi

Post by mahdi »

Giulia wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:24 pm
DTR1975 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:21 am One question I had that I couldn't find a satisfactory answer to was "Do romantic relationships continue into the afterlife and can you find new ones?" For many people in this life, romance simply isn't possible for a variety of reasons. Will these people get to try again in the afterlife?
What do you think?
So I am sure that romantic relationships are fully available for everyone in the Afterlife.
Hi Giulia
Do you think that even if we had no emotional relationship with anyone in this life?
I haven't had any good relationships so I've come to believe that no one loves me or I know I'm going to be single for the rest of my life!
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

I think that everyone deserves to be loved. If not in this life, then hopefully in the next.
-Derek
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

mahdi wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:27 pm
Hi Giulia
Do you think that even if we had no emotional relationship with anyone in this life?
I haven't had any good relationships so I've come to believe that no one loves me or I know I'm going to be single for the rest of my life!
Absolutely, Mahdi. I agree with Derek that everyone deserves to be loved and, regarding your question, I know that even during our physical life we are very much loved by a number of spirit beings that are around us. I know this from my dreams, lucid dreams and astral travel.

From near-death experiencers I know that one of the first “beings” we meet is God or Our Divine Source. Some near-death experiencers have described God as more loving than all the mothers in the universe together. Can you imagine that?

One of the ways I have succeeded in attracting loving beings in my life is by day dreaming. Visualizing myself finding them. It is important to drop any thoughts about being unworthy of love. Please take a look at the first few posts in our Manifestation Workshop to find out if you are willing to start attracting love in your life on this physical plane, knowing that you already have loving partners in spirit.

In the Afterlife you will find more, but why wait?
mahdi

Post by mahdi »

DTR1975 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:44 am I think that everyone deserves to be loved. If not in this life, then hopefully in the next.
Exactly Derek. Everyone deserves love
But it may be related to the lessons that I am going to go through in this life, or maybe I am thinking wrongly and will experience a good relationship in the future.
Last edited by mahdi on Thu May 16, 2024 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
mahdi

Post by mahdi »

Giulia wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:46 am
Hi Giulia
Absolutely, Mahdi. I agree with Derek that everyone deserves to be loved and, regarding your question, I know that even during our physical life we are very much loved by a number of spirit beings that are around us. I know this from my dreams, lucid dreams and astral travel.

From near-death experiencers I know that one of the first “beings” we meet is God or Our Divine Source. Some near-death experiencers have described God as more loving than all the mothers in the universe together. Can you imagine that?

One of the ways I have succeeded in attracting loving beings in my life is by day dreaming. Visualizing myself finding them. It is important to drop any thoughts about being unworthy of love. Please take a look at the first few posts in our Manifestation Workshop to find out if you are willing to start attracting love in your life on this physical plane, knowing that you already have loving partners in spirit.

Thank you, that was encouraging

I am sure of God's love for me. I know that at least he understands me and loves me more than people ✨
I can imagine God's pure love but it is hard because we have never experienced it on earth

Thank you again, Giulia, I will definitely take a look at the manifestation workshop
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

mahdi wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:58 am
Giulia wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:46 am
Hi Giulia

Thank you, that was encouraging

I am sure of God's love for me. I know that at least he understands me and loves me more than people ✨
I can imagine God's pure love but it is hard because we have never experienced it on earth

Thank you again, Giulia, I will definitely take a look at the manifestation workshop
I recall listening to one NDE about this poor lonely kid who was working in a fast food restaurant. He was almost beaten to death by an irate customer. After he went through the tunnel he met a beautiful girl who told him that he was her soul mate. She told him that he would have to go back, but that she would be waiting for him on the other side.
So maybe your soulmate is waiting for you, too.
-Derek
mahdi

Post by mahdi »

DTR1975 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:22 pm
I recall listening to one NDE about this poor lonely kid who was working in a fast food restaurant. He was almost beaten to death by an irate customer. After he went through the tunnel he met a beautiful girl who told him that he was her soul mate. She told him that he would have to go back, but that she would be waiting for him on the other side.
So maybe your soulmate is waiting for you, too.
It was a beautiful experience