The Power of Imagination

Unusual Experiences, Reincarnation, Philosophy, Religion, Science, Everyday Life
Giulia
Site Admin

Re: The Power of Imagination

Post by Giulia »

When I was a little girl, I had a recurring daydream: I had a magic ring with a special stone that acted as a microscreen, a bit like a TV screen. The stone was transparent, like a quiet mountain lake, and through it I could see anything at any time. I could look into other realities and hypothetical futures. I could see my loved ones, see the flow of their lives, even though they were far away from me.

This daydream was practically born with me and has never completely left me. However irrational it may seem, in this daydream state, it was as if I knew there existed two interconnected, parallel dimensions that were in perpetual communication with each other. One was the dimension in which I moved in my daily life, the present; the other was the more mysterious dimension in which lived people who were far away—perhaps even dead—along with people who, for one reason or another, were physically absent, or where past, future or unimaginable events took place.

The creative part of our minds and, more specifically, imagination, plays a key role in all this.

People often discard imagination as something elusive, unreal or unimportant. However, imagination is probably our most powerful tool on this earthly plane. Without our imagination, we would not even be able to walk. It is only because young children see others standing or walking upright and imagine themselves doing it that they can do it. This has been demonstrated through studies of children lost in wild areas and brought up by animals: when they are found, they cannot stand or walk upright, but move like the animals that brought them up.

If we imagine ourselves riding a bicycle, for instance, we will have the confidence and drive to do it. This applies to everything we do in life. We are creative beings, and we create our life in ways of which we are often unaware.

With mediumship things work much the same way. If we deem it possible to stay in touch with our loved ones and ‘expect’ it to be normal, there is no reason for this not to happen.

According to medium Sanaya Roman, imagination ‘is the closest ability you have to channeling’ and is ‘the easiest connection your guide has to you at first.’

Returning to my childhood daydream, as the years went by, it turned into something much more specific: a distinct and determined need to prove the existence of that mysterious dimension they call the Afterlife, and to get in touch with it.
Quoted from The Afterlife: Hereafter and Here at Hand by Giulia Jeary Knap
DTR1975
Site Admin

Re: The Power of Imagination

Post by DTR1975 »

When I was a young boy, I also used to have an active day dream life. I often pretended that I was super hero or an Explorer. My "Explorations" usually consisted of alleyways or overgrown, vacant city lots. These were the closest thing to wilderness that I saw growing up.
-Derek