Afterlife Realms and the Near-Death Experience

Beliefs, Experiences and Scientific Findings about the Afterlife
Giulia
Site Admin

Afterlife Realms and the Near-Death Experience

Post by Giulia »

I have just come across this article: Afterlife Realms and the Near-Death Experience

By Kevin Williams, NDE researcher and webmaster of the website https://www.near-death.com
If you want to know what the afterlife is like, pay close attention to your dreams. There is a wealth of evidence suggesting a connection to the levels of consciousness with the afterlife realms as described in near-death testimonies. The dream realm and the afterlife realms both are realms of the mind, soul, and spirit. In the realms of the mind, all thoughts and things are possible. Death is merely a process of freeing your true essence from all physical limitations and fully inhabiting the realms of thought and spirit. In the afterlife realms, what one thinks is what matters most; because thoughts are deeds in those realms. There, we are what we think and there is no hiding from who we really are. One NDE experiencer, St. Teresa of Avila, described it perfectly, “After you die, you wear what you are.”
I find the whole article very interesting.
DTR1975
Site Admin

Re: Afterlife Realms and the Near-Death Experience

Post by DTR1975 »

I have begun keeping a dream journal. What I really notice about them, aside from how strange they are is how reality is constantly shifting.
-Derek
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

This was filmed in German and dubbed over in English. It gives a broad overview of what we know about the spirit world with the resources available to us. It also briefly covers what those resources are.

-Derek
learnerjordan

Post by learnerjordan »

I remember asking for NDE’s that describe the spirit world, and yet, I should’ve been looking into my dreams for that insight instead. I’ll be reading this today. Thank you!
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

My dream journal has helped me remember my dreams. For most of my life, I have forgotten my dreams within a minute or two of waking. The dreams journal will teach your mind to grab onto as many details as possible as quickly as you can when you wake up.
-Derek
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

Giulia wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:40 am I have just come across this article: Afterlife Realms and the Near-Death Experience

By Kevin Williams, NDE researcher and webmaster of the website https://www.near-death.com
If you want to know what the afterlife is like, pay close attention to your dreams. There is a wealth of evidence suggesting a connection to the levels of consciousness with the afterlife realms as described in near-death testimonies. The dream realm and the afterlife realms both are realms of the mind, soul, and spirit. In the realms of the mind, all thoughts and things are possible. Death is merely a process of freeing your true essence from all physical limitations and fully inhabiting the realms of thought and spirit. In the afterlife realms, what one thinks is what matters most; because thoughts are deeds in those realms. There, we are what we think and there is no hiding from who we really are. One NDE experiencer, St. Teresa of Avila, described it perfectly, “After you die, you wear what you are.”
I find the whole article very interesting.
This article brings up a fascinating idea about the connection between dreams and the afterlife. Here are some points to consider:

Intriguing Hypothesis: The concept that dreams offer a glimpse into the afterlife is an age-old idea, and the article connects it to near-death experiences (NDEs) for a fresh perspective.

Limited Evidence: While NDEs share some common themes, scientific explanations exist for these experiences. There's no definitive proof of an afterlife, and the connection to dreams remains speculative.

Duality of Dreams: Dreams can be symbolic and nonsensical, but also process emotions and memories. The article focuses more on the fantastical aspects, which might not fully represent the afterlife.

Power of Perception: The idea that "thoughts are deeds" in the afterlife is an interesting twist. It highlights the concept that our perception shapes our reality, which is explored in some philosophies and spiritual traditions.

Analogy vs. Certainty: The article uses St. Teresa's quote to suggest our character defines our afterlife experience. This is a powerful analogy, but it doesn't necessarily translate to literal truth.

Overall, the article presents a thought-provoking hypothesis but lacks concrete evidence. It can be a springboard for further exploration of dreams, NDEs, and the nature of consciousness.

Here are some additional thoughts:

Lucid dreaming, where you control your dreams, could be another way to explore this connection, though scientific explanations exist for this phenomenon as well.

Different cultures have varying beliefs about the afterlife. The article's perspective might align more with certain belief systems.

It's important to approach this topic with an open mind, acknowledging the lack of conclusive evidence but appreciating the philosophical and spiritual questions it raises.
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

"Lucid dreaming, where you control your dreams, could be another way to explore this connection, though scientific explanations exist for this phenomenon as well."

I am trying this. I have been watching a bunch of videos about lucid dreaming. I have a few ideas but I am starting with the dream journal
-Derek
Neddy100

Post by Neddy100 »

This is all so fascinating. I know little about the subject, however I remember a number of dreams I experienced as a teenager and an adult. I am 55 years old, so we are talking about decades. My English is broken a little and is my second language so I'm hoping to make myself understandable. The first dream that I have remembered very clearly my whole life happened when I was around sixteen. I will never forget it. In this dream I found myself flying above a beautiful crystal city. The air was perfectly clear and there was music. This music was indescribable and I felt it as a slight breeze caressing my whole being. I could see people of various races talking, relaxed and smiling reassuringly. I was looking at them from up above and was enjoying the scenery. I was elated, fully present and totally embraced by feelings of unconditional love and peace. I felt at home. At the end of the dream I found myself falling down through a colourful tunnel and hitting the bed and waking up. It was the closest I ever came to have a NDE like experience. Having this experience marked the beginning of many synchronistic dreams and experiences that I will share later.
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

That sounds like an awesome dream! Perhaps God was giving you a sneak preview of the Afterlife.
-Derek