Time and NDEs

DTR1975
Site Admin

Time and NDEs

Post by DTR1975 »

I am curious as to how time is perceived in NDES. Many experiencers have stated that during their NDE it felt like time stopped. Or that there is no time where they are. This would seem to contradict with the experiences of others who have met with deceased relatives who have told them "It's not your time yet". So if there is no measure of time in the spirit world, how do they know it's not your time yet? I am still looking for a way to reconcile these discrepancies.
-Derek
Giulia
Site Admin

Re: Time and NDEs

Post by Giulia »

Yes, Derek. Time is a really fascinating topic, as far as near-death experiences are concerned.

I have personally experienced linear time losing its meaning during spiritually-transformative experiences and also during unusual hypnopompic experiences upon waking up in my early morning. Here is one: Feeling “in time” and “out of time” at the same time.

However, I understand that often during NDEs, while the physical body is undergoing resuscitation attempts that take a given physical time, the experiencer can find him- or herself immersed in a completely different time frame, apparently lasting days, weeks or even years.

So, the fact that the experiencer is told that it isn’t his or her “time” to die makes the use and meaning of the word “time” even more intriguing.
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

The only reconciliation that I can think of is this: Your loved ones in the spirit world know how old you will be when you die. So if they know you will be 73 years old when you are supposed to die and you show up in the spirit world after a car crash at age 31, then they know "It's not your time yet" and that statement makes sense.
-Derek
learnerjordan

Post by learnerjordan »

Seems as though that’s the only way we can understand it. Time is something i think about actually, and I think these have a good explanation

https://www.nderf.org/Experiences/1ciara_b_nde.html
I felt this other presence with me at some point after this..I say after this..but that’s a funny thing too because none of this was actually in some kind of linear way, like one thing to the next happened. It’s like it all happened at once. I can only explain it as separate events because that’s the only way I can make sense of it for myself
https://www.nderf.org/Experiences/1deni ... _9738.html
Did you suddenly seem to understand everything? Everything about the universe. I came back with a feeling that 'Eternity' does not describe it, because eternity implies a linear timeline, which there was nothing like that. It is infinity. All encompassing in every direction. Time and space seemingly irrelevant. We are all pieces of what some people call God. We are like flecks of energy and all combined together we all make up this giant, all knowing, blob of knowledge it felt like.
https://www.nderf.org/Experiences/1steve_d_nde.html
There is no sense, idea, understanding, or existence of time there. Eternity is a second; a second eternity……… I was given a lot of information that just stuns me to this day. Time is not linear and I can't really explain this thing I learned. All time is now, then, next, or whatever. But I've had to explain it in sort of linear fashion because I guess that's how I understand it.
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

Those are all great examples, Jordan. So if there is no linear measurement of time in the spirit world, then what measure of time do they refer to when they tell the experiencer "It's not your time yet"? Are they still able to measure time in our world, but not their own?
-Derek
learnerjordan

Post by learnerjordan »

I don’t think they’re “telling” like in human terms, because each experience usually say they “feel” it instead. so maybe that’s just their way of putting that feeling into words? It would make sense in human terms, and i do understand that people omit things and they can’t fully describe anything there, so I always open my mind to the possibilities of what they could mean
Jennanne

Post by Jennanne »

From my NDE and out of body experiences, I understood the divine and receiving spirits know we are unable to grasp the afterlife existence, so they speak using “our terms” so we can understand the message.
The afterlife spaces are timeless in regard to the way we perceive time, it’s more of an interconnected flow, an energetic ‘process’ that revolves. When they say “it’s not our time” their simply using terminology we can understand.
Another thought to ponder is when you’re on the other side space is different and much of the time it’s telepathic communication.
In that, many people telepathically know what the spirits are sending through them and simply perceive “the sense” as words. It’s kind of like you ‘feeling’ rain in the air, and you ‘know’ water is going to fall. The sky did not use actual words to tell you it was going to rain, you just “naturally” know what it means.
I hope my 2 cents helps expand on the pondering! Blessings to all.
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

Thanks for your words, Jennanne, and a warm welcome to the forum.

I would love to hear more about your near-death experience and your out-of-body experiences.

I have never had a NDE but I have had many OBEs. I have occasionally experienced some kind of timeless existence when out of body or during ADCs.
Jennanne

Post by Jennanne »

Thank you darling for the warm welcome! It’s a pleasure to meet you!
I just connected with the site today, so not really sure how things go. I submitted my first experience and I think it needs to be approved before being posted in archives. In any case, I’ve had so many experiences I had to write them all into books. I will share some of those experiences, once I learn the site.
Thank you for connecting, and have a beautiful evening!
ADMINDiane
Site Admin

Post by ADMINDiane »

A very warm welcome to you Jennanne! We are pleased that you have joined us :)
"Meglio soli che malaccompagnati"