Prophetic NDEs

DTR1975
Site Admin

Prophetic NDEs

Post by DTR1975 »

There's a lot of these NDEs out there with visions of the future. As interesting as they may be, you can't really take any of them seriously because they contridct each other. I've seen ones that prophesied utopia, others nuclear war, world wide plagues, devastation of the earth through climate change, and sometimes several of the above.
[

Are they seeing different possible visions of the future? If so then these visions are no more authoritative than anything I or the political pundits can dream up. Maybe if there was a way to analyze a large number of them and average the most frequent outcomes, then we could use that to ascertain the likelihood of each scenario. Or maybe not. We can't know until it happens, in which case what good would it do us then?
-Derek
Giulia
Site Admin

Re: Prophetic NDEs

Post by Giulia »

You're right, Derek; there's a lot of variety in NDE visions of the future. It is a valid point that these conflicting visions make it difficult to take them as literal predictions.

However, some researchers argue that NDEs might not be showing us specific futures, but possible futures shaped by our choices. In that sense, they could be a call to action, a nudge towards a better path.

Your idea of analyzing a large number of NDEs to find commonalities is interesting. While it might not predict exact events, it could potentially reveal underlying anxieties or hopes for the future.

Ultimately, NDEs are personal experiences, and whether we see them as glimpses of the future or not, they can be profound and life-changing.
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

Giulia wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:24 pm

Ultimately, NDEs are personal experiences, and whether we see them as glimpses of the future or not, they can be profound and life-changing.
Yes. Maybe the prophetic visions are meant only for the person who has the NDE. Maybe they aren't meant to be taken literally. Like a particular vision of the future was shown to the experiencer because that is what is necessary to induce the changes in the person's life that God wants according to his will. That's all I can come up with. Maybe somebody else has a better idea about how to harmonize all the different visions of the future.
-Derek
learnerjordan

Post by learnerjordan »

I’ve learned, through reading NDE’s and my own thoughts, that free will still exists, and future isn’t written in stone. we have almost 8 billion people on earth, and we all affect each other daily. I believe that a utopian society will exist - but only after a huge apocalyptic fallout of our own society. Both can be true, but they are separate events.

Also to note, i believe we all have a life path and a soul contract, but we also have the free will to NOT follow that path and create our own, if we please.

I don’t think prophecy’s tell the future - they are events that happen BECAUSE of certain conditions that were met. which means, prophets don’t tell the future, they’re letting the living people know the future outcome if they keep up the trends and cycles they put themselves through.

That’s my believe anyway, because I believe the future is written on paper, and can be easily rewritten.
mahdi

Post by mahdi »

Destiny does not mean that our life path is predetermined. Therefore, for someone to bow their head and say, "What can I do? It was my destiny," is a sign of ignorance. Destiny is not the entire journey; it only extends to the crossroads. The main path is set, but choosing the turns and side roads is in the hands of the traveler. So, you are neither the ruler of your life nor its victim.

The 29th Principle from the Forty Principles of Shams Tabrizi