Law of Attraction

Beliefs, Experiences and Scientific Facts about Manifestation and the Law of Attraction
DTR1975
Site Admin

Law of Attraction

Post by DTR1975 »

You guys mentioned the Law of Attraction a few times but I didn't really understand what it meant. Here is a pretty basic explanation of it that I found.

[https://www.artofliving.org/in-en/wisdo ... irituality]
-Derek
Giulia
Site Admin

Re: Law of Attraction

Post by Giulia »

DTR1975 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 1:25 pm You guys mentioned the Law of Attraction a few times but I didn't really understand what it meant. Here is a pretty basic explanation of it that I found.

[https://www.artofliving.org/in-en/wisdo ... irituality]
Hello, Derek.

I see this article was written by Bob Proctor. I am not particularly fond of this speaker because he is one of the people who conceives the Law of Attraction as a way to basically make money and have financial success.

The best authors and speakers about the Law of Attraction are Esther and Jerry (now deceased) Hicks.

Bob Proctor says in this article:
The law of attraction is a powerful philosophy that states that whatever thoughts you visualize, you attract and receive them.
No. That’s not enough. You need to wholeheartedly EXPECT those thoughts and your subconscious needs to be fully involved in the expectation. THEN VISUALIZATION will help.

Bob Proctor says:
Do Not Be Strict with Negative Thoughts
While I agree with the principle that blocking negative thoughts is counterproductive and that we need to nurture and act upon positive thoughts, the way this statement is worded is not helpful. Our subconscious does not understand words like “No”, “not” and “without”. Our subconscious will understand “negative thoughts” and, by focussing on negative thoughts, will attract them, because the Law of Attraction is always working.

Writing “affirmations” for dozens or even hundreds of times is also a waste of time. We have one of Bob Proctor’s students here in Italy who charges thousands of euros to teach you that you need to write an affirmation down a hundred of times if you want it to manifest. All that you can expect when writing an affirmation a hundred times is getting bored and distracted.

Hope is another word I would not use, because it often means wishful thinking instead of EXPECTING.

On the whole, Bob Proctor says a few things I agree with, such as the importance of gratitude, but you cannot consider the Law of Attraction and Spirituality as two different things. The Law of Attraction is a spiritual and universal law which always works and no doubt Jesus was trying to teach it.

The path of least resistance involving “allowing” good things to happen is also crucial.

Once you EXPECT something you have been visualizing, you need to “act as if” your expectation has already manifested. But if your subconscious is not fully prepared to RECEIVE the manifestation of your positive thoughts, “acting as if” may be counterproductive.

Abraham, the soul group that inspires all the work of the Hicks couple, says that we need to align with Source Energy, because we all are a physical extension of Source Energy: by vibrationally aligning we Source Energy, or with our Higher Self if we prefer, we are able to manifest happiness and abundance.

The greatest misunderstanding about how the Law of Attraction works arises from the way the famous documentary THE SECRET was produced. Here is an explanation by Esther Hicks:

Another interesting video, which I am not sure you can see from the US, is featured in this post: viewtopic.php?t=162

The best source of information I have found about how the Law of Attraction works is the book Ask and It Is Given by Jerry and Esther Hicks.
anthonychip wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:16 pm My opinion: Derek, I think Zen Tzu is familiar with the method in video 4 which takes LOA VERY SERIOUSLY...
Thank you for your post, Tony. This video is extremely interesting:

Derek, this also provides an answer to your questions about my Visit from the Future experience.
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

anthonychip wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:36 am Giulia, thank you for your comments. You always enlighten me and help clarify my understanding.

My own concept of LOA confused me because what I believe is a bit different than the usual idea...

I believe that as a human we are simply remembering a spiritual event which has already happened.

For me to manifest the spiritual event means that I remember the event as it has already happened.

So if the description of an LOA method implies that I am originating an outcome, that confuses me...

The outcome, in my belief, has already happened within the Divine Presence as a spiritual experience.

My human experience is simply defined by myself for myself as remembering that the outcome exists.
Hello, Tony 💚

Based on my understanding, your thoughts are absolutely in line with the Law of Attraction principles. In the teachings by the Hicks there is a lot of emphasis on the fact that we all are a Physical Extension of Source Energy (or Divine Presence, as you call it) and on the importance of being aligned with the Source Energy our Higher Self is an extension of.
You are an extension of Source Energy. You are standing on the Leading Edge of thought. Your time-space-reality was set into motion through the power of thought long before it manifested in the physical form in which you see it now. Everything in your physical environment was created from Non-Physical perspective by that which you call Source. And just as Source created your world, and you, through the power of focused thought, you are continuing to create your world from your Leading-Edge place in this time-space-reality.

You and that which you call Source are the same. You cannot be separated from Source. Source is never separated from you. When we think of you, we think of Source. When we think of Source, we think of you. Source never offers a thought that causes separation from you.

You cannot offer a thought that would cause total separation (separation is actually far too strong of a word), but you can offer thoughts that are different enough in vibrational nature to hinder your natural connection with Source. We refer to that condition as resistance. The only form of resistance, or hindrance of your connection to that which is Source, is offered by you from your physical perspective.

Source is always fully available to you, and Well-Being is constantly extended to you, and often you are in the state of allowing this Well-Being, but sometimes you are not. We want to assist you in consciously allowing your connection, more of the time, to Source. As extensions of Non-Physical Energy, you are taking thought beyond that which it has been before—and through contrast, you will come to conclusions or decisions. And once you align with your desire, the Non-Physical Energy that creates worlds will flow through you . . . which means enthusiasm, passion, and triumph. That is your destiny. From the Non-Physical, you created you; and now from the physical, you continue to create. We all must have objects of attention, desires that are ringing our bells, in order to feel the fullness of who we are flowing through us for the continuation of All-That-Is. That desire is what puts the eternalness in eternity.
Abraham’s words from Ask and It Is Given

I believe this ties in with the idea of “remembering” a spiritual event that has already happened. Your idea of “remembering” makes sense to me, because Source Energy and our Higher Self, which is an extension of Source Energy, live out of space and time.

The only reason why we say “we are originating an outcome” is because we are on the physical plane, moving in linear time, from the past to the future. But the most important time to manifest is NOW, by aligning with Source Energy out of space and time.
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

Ok. So next question. How does this Law of Attraction effect my life? What would or could change about my life by my understanding of it?
-Derek
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

DTR1975 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:40 pm Ok. So next question. How does this Law of Attraction effect my life? What would or could change about my life by my understanding of it?
Hello, Derek.

I feel that the first and most critical question you need to ask yourself is “What is your dream life like? How would you want your life to be?” It is important to know how your desired life would feel like and what it would involve. Once you know, it is important to visualize yourself living that life and to wholeheartedly expect that life to manifest.

The Law of Attraction is already affecting your life. If you are unhappy with your life, then you are focusing on the wrong things, you are expecting the wrong things to happen and you are attracting each of these wrong things into your life.

The Law of Attraction is always working, whether you are attracting experiences you like or experiences you don’t like.
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

Wow Tony. This guy is really creepy. I didn't watch the whole video; I found it morbid and disturbing. He reminds me of a Michigan guy, Dr. Kevorkian. He was big into assisted suicide, too. He built some kind of machine for delivering lethal doses of anesthetic to people. Both of these guys seem to have an obsession with death.
-Derek
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

"I feel that the first and most critical question you need to ask yourself is “What is your dream life like? How would you want your life to be?” It is important to know how your desired life would feel like and what it would involve. Once you know, it is important to visualize yourself living that life and to wholeheartedly expect that life to manifest."

Ok, so how is this for an example:
I started listening to NDEs on YouTube because I wanted to know what life is like after we pass on. I imagine myself working in a giant animal sanctuary where I get to hang out with and study different kinds of animals. But I don't know if heaven has those or not. So anyway, by listening to all these different NDEs, I found out about NDERF. I contacted them and started doing volunteer work for Jody. So that then led me to the NDERF Forum where I met you guys who provide me with information about what the afterlife is like. Is that how the Law of Attraction works?
-Derek
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

anthonychip wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:57 am What I may be missing is what you often refer to: The value of being human and the ability to learn and experience more than might be available in spirit alone. We can decide how to respond, expand our identity, and become the action itself.
Exactly, Tony. But why should we only become an action? When I think of exciting things we can create on the physical plane which are more than might be available in spirit alone, I think of emotions, of friends, of family togetherness, in my case of being a wife and a mother.