The Ancient Mystical Practice of Doing Nothing PETER N LIMBERG MAY 25, 2024

Unusual Experiences, Reincarnation, Philosophy, Religion, Science, Everyday Life
Giulia
Site Admin

Re: The Ancient Mystical Practice of Doing Nothing PETER N LIMBERG MAY 25, 2024

Post by Giulia »

Hello, Tony ✨

My understanding is that this article discusses how some influential figures like Jesus and Buddha came up with their ideas without relying on logic or writing anything down. It contrasts this approach with the modern emphasis on rigorous analysis.

The author argues that these figures might have received their ideas through inspiration, a concept historically achieved through methods like meditation or incubation (entering a deep meditative state).

The article acknowledges criticisms of this approach, like its impracticality and the risk of negative inspiration. However, the author also points out its effectiveness, citing personal experience and the creation of The Stoic philosophy.

Overall, the article suggests that there might be value in methods like incubation, despite their unconventional nature.

My own feeling is that techniques like meditation and incubation are excellent first thing in the morning, to capture the inspiration we are exposed to during a full night’s sleep. I have a special journal called

Bright Ideas

where I write down my ideas. I realize Jesus didn’t do it, but He had Matthew for that, didn’t He?

On the whole, Jesus did not spend His time doing nothing. I feel that doing nothing all the time is depressing, and that for ordinary people writing down bright ideas and journaling is critical in order to declutter our mind and act on our inspiration.
paigetheoracle

Post by paigetheoracle »

It's simply two states. One is unconscious transmission and the other is conscious reception
paigetheoracle

Post by paigetheoracle »

This illustrates the transmission stage