Giulia
Site Admin

Heaven and the Near-Death Experience by KEVIN WILLIAMS

Post by Giulia »

Here is an article posted by Kevin Williams on 22 September 2019:

Heaven and the Near-Death Experience - Near-Death Experiences and the Afterlife

I was particularly interested in Chapter 12
12. Our relationships with others in heaven

“Our deceased pets appear in heaven the way we remember them, only younger and more vital. We can communicate with them telepathically. They also have dwelling places of their own.” (Jan Price).

“A truly loving marriage is one of God’s greatest gift. A marriage that expresses the love of God is for eternity. In such a marriage, couples are united together to continue growing closer to God and to each other. Where children are born from such a union, the depth of love shared on earth keeps the family together in the spiritual world.” (Nora Spurgin).

“People who were married on earth meet in heaven and recognize one another. They may want to live together as they lived on earth. As the outward superficialities dissolve once they are in heaven, the couple will discover what they are really like inwardly. They will discover what their love and attraction really were and whether they are able to continue to live as one. A marriage without God’s love and blessing may soon disintegrate. Where love is underdeveloped, growth is necessary before such blessed oneness can be experienced and enjoyed. The misuse of love and sex during a person’s earthly life leaves a deep scar on the spirit which can only be mended by true love.” (Emanuel Swedenborg).

“Our friends on earth are the same friends we had in heaven. Our best friends here were quite often with us there. And it’s the same with our families. We made plans together about things we would do and events we would share on earth. We really got into the planning part. A lot of the people who are important in our lives on earth are people we met in heaven, even if it was just for a short while to discuss a few things that would effect our lives in a small way.” (Roy Mills).

“The quality of life in the spirit world is directly affected by one’s heart and one’s activities on earth. Since love is supreme, opportunities for the practice of love will continue. Spiritual growth is attained through the dynamic of love.” (Nora Spurgin).

“When people leave and travel to another community, there is a certain constant resistance. This is the effect of their longing to return to those who are like themselves and where their strongest desire can be expressed. This is how close relationships are formed in heaven. The same holds true in hell, where people also form relationships based on their desires but which are opposed to heavenly ones.” (Emanuel Swedenborg).
DTR1975
Site Admin

Re: Heaven and the Near-Death Experience by KEVIN WILLIAMS

Post by DTR1975 »

This stuff has given me a lot to think about. Thanks for posting it.
-Derek
DTR1975
Site Admin

Re: Heaven and the Near-Death Experience by KEVIN WILLIAMS

Post by DTR1975 »

I feel like if my dog and I had the ability to communicate telepathically, she would just be constantly asking for food and treats.
-Derek