I'm not sure if I'm in the right place here

Other Spiritually Transformative Experiences
Aileens62

I'm not sure if I'm in the right place here

Post by Aileens62 »

Well here goes anyway
I will start by saying I've always believed in God but am not deeply religious or spiritual. Quite a few years ago I had a dream and although I can't remember much about it I do remember the feeling of complete peace and love I felt like nothing in this earth the second one a few years later my dad was there he was dead at the time my younger sister alive and we were in a room which was filled with beautiful light and my sister was so caught up in the beautiful colours and light but on the wall was a black and white picture of Jesus's face which was all I focused on but she couldn't see it though me and my dad did again filled with love and peace but as I started to wake up I could feel it slowly draining away and I wanted to cry I'm not sure what this means there were no messages or I can't remember but to this day I remember the feeling but have never experienced this here on earth any ideas anyone I know I wasn't dead so can't have been an nde a couple of inexplicable things have happened in the last couple of years I've seen some things that are impossible to explain in our world they just defy all our laws of what is possible but I'm lost I don't know where to go from here I think I should somehow understand the message but I just don't

Any help appreciated
Thanks
DTR1975
Site Admin

Re: I'm not sure if I'm in the right place here

Post by DTR1975 »

It could be that you weren't supposed to understand the dream. Maybe it was a mystery given to you to encourage you to seek out the explanation and learn things about spirituality and faith in the process.
-Derek
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

Aileens62 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:33 pm Well here goes anyway
I will start by saying I've always believed in God but am not deeply religious or spiritual. Quite a few years ago I had a dream and although I can't remember much about it I do remember the feeling of complete peace and love I felt like nothing in this earth the second one a few years later my dad was there he was dead at the time my younger sister alive and we were in a room which was filled with beautiful light and my sister was so caught up in the beautiful colours and light but on the wall was a black and white picture of Jesus's face which was all I focused on but she couldn't see it though me and my dad did again filled with love and peace but as I started to wake up I could feel it slowly draining away and I wanted to cry I'm not sure what this means there were no messages or I can't remember but to this day I remember the feeling but have never experienced this here on earth any ideas anyone I know I wasn't dead so can't have been an nde a couple of inexplicable things have happened in the last couple of years I've seen some things that are impossible to explain in our world they just defy all our laws of what is possible but I'm lost I don't know where to go from here I think I should somehow understand the message but I just don't

Any help appreciated
Thanks
Hello, Aileen and welcome.

This is Giulia from Italy.

The aspect of your experience which most caught my attention was the black and white picture of Jesus’ face. We have one of those black and white pictures hanging on our wall here at home and I believe it is the most accurate picture of Jesus’ face we could have. In fact I believe it is a photograph of Jesus. About 80 km from where I live, in Turin, is the Shroud: the Shroud is the linen cloth which is thought to have wrapped Jesus' body when He was dead and, what's more important, during His resurrection. The image of Jesus imprinted on the linen cloth is thought to be the image that formed during the resurrection, when the energy emanating from His body (which was transitioning from death to life) passed through the linen and left behind an image which is like a photographic negative. By developing a photographic negative of the image imprinted on the Shroud, I believe we obtain the actual photograph of Jesus' body and face. So the Shroud might actually be a photographic negative. The black and white picture is the photographic negative of the face that appears in sepia on the Shroud and is thought to be the most accurate photograph of Jesus' face we could possibly have. Many people who honour the Shroud as the sacred photograph of Jesus have a picture of the Shroud on the wall.

May I ask what your thoughts are on the Turin Shroud?

The feelings of complete peace and love you describe seem to be of a supernatural nature. Many near-death experiencers describe it as the feeling they get beyond this physical body. It sounds as though you had a spiritually transformative experience. One of the most typical things that happen when we have these experiences is that we find the experience difficult to convey to those who are closer to us in everyday life.
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

Speaking of the Shroud of Turin, check this out.

[viewtopic.php?t=1116]
-Derek
ADMINDiane
Site Admin

Post by ADMINDiane »

Hello Aileen and welcome to the Forum! There are many Spiritual experiences which come very close to an NDE yet are not, sort of variations on the theme :) I have experienced MANY of these events in my life including Astral Projection where we can "meet" our loved ones who have transitioned on a mutual plane and visit for awhile. I hope this is helpful to you and please feel free to ask us anything :)
Aileens62 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:33 pm Well here goes anyway
"Meglio soli che malaccompagnati"
ADMINDiane
Site Admin

Re: SHROUD of Turin (I'm not sure if I'm in the right place) here

Post by ADMINDiane »

I may have posted this in the past. I have been fascinated by the Shroud for as long as I can remember and had the privilege of viewing it in person when it was on display in Turin a little over twenty years ago. I must say I was not expecting it to be quite as large as it was! Deciphering the image itself was quite interesting.
PS, my Mother was raised in the beautiful city of Turin aka "Torino" :romance-heartstiny: :romance-heartstiny: :romance-heartstiny:
Giulia wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:47 am About 80 km from where I live, in Turin, is the Shroud: the Shroud is the linen cloth which is thought to have wrapped Jesus' body when He was dead and, what's more important, during His resurrection. The image of Jesus imprinted on the linen cloth is thought to be the image that formed during the resurrection, when the energy emanating from His body (which was transitioning from death to life) passed through the linen and left behind an image which is like a photographic negative. By developing a photographic negative of the image imprinted on the Shroud, I believe we obtain the actual photograph of Jesus' body and face. So the Shroud might actually be a photographic negative. The black and white picture is the photographic negative of the face that appears in sepia on the Shroud and is thought to be the most accurate photograph of Jesus' face we could possibly have. Many people who honour the Shroud as the sacred photograph of Jesus have a picture of the Shroud on the wall.
Giulia
Site Admin

Post by Giulia »

Diane, if you saw the Shroud in person over 20 years ago, then my family and I might have been there at same time. The Shroud isn’t always on display. On that occasion it might have been around the year 2000 or maybe 2003.
ADMINDiane
Site Admin

Post by ADMINDiane »

Si`cara Giulia, it WAS the year 2000! My Mother and I were visiting that Autumn, my favorite season there :romance-heartstiny: :romance-wub: :romance-heartstiny: My understanding is that the Shroud is on display every twenty years.